Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Mpt or livernois

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Mpt or livernois

Well i must say that the livernois tune has been fun but the delays of the x1v and the soft 3rd to 4th gear shift fix that is never going to happen has made me want to jump ship.

My ? Is who else has done this.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

I have, Tooloud has....I'm sure there are more. Most jumped shipped long ago for SSi.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Love my Mpt - haven't looked back !
Only time I MIGHT load my Lms is when I am Pulling 10kplus.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:49 PM

What about the drivability of the mpt?
Give me the good and the bad
Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by MAZZ MAN
What about the drivability of the mpt?
Give me the good and the bad
Drive ability is great. No hiccups or issues with mine at all. It is also highly advised that you do datalogging (MPT will send you all instructions and configuration file to monitor everything) and then send it back to them. They will then make necessary adjustments or changes based on those logs and any other input that you provide them.

You also get free updates as their improve and modify their existing tunes they have already.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM

Only time mine is super touchy is when I first crank my truck at 3 am to go to work. I just push the T/H button for super smooth shifting untill my truck warms up. Then I am back to enjoying the 93 perf tune with Race tranny tune.

Other than that I love it - mid range pulls like a modded diesel all the way to 130
Old 04-08-2014, 01:01 PM

Joey and I data logged mine 2 weeks ago and I sent the files to Mpt and they said I was good to go. - didn't need to change anything UNLESS I wanted to.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Switched here too. The only downside was having to buy a SCT device on top of the switch and having to own two different tuning devices.

I really like how the MPT tune runs after it settled down and did its learning thing. at first it shifted a lot like the LMS 3rd gear light throttle, but it quickly settled and drives like a stock truck until you mash the skinny, it really wakes up and the torque in the 2-4k range is awesome, best of any tune yet. I also like the throttle tip in as the whole peddle is used and not super sensative, makes it easy to drive and take off at any time, which also gets rid of the engine trying to bump and surge in light throttle situations, if the throttle is too sensative the truck struggles with deciding how much to crack the throttle and does some gooft stuff, especially with a trailer behind it.

I am running the 91 perf with street shifting and its pretty spot on for me.

I just wish the LMS tuners didn't have to be unlocked for the next vehicle as it really kills resale on them, pay $600 for possibly the worst tuning device on the market as far as options (tunes were fine but too conservative for my taste) and barely break $200 on a resale because the next buyer has to repurchase from LMS..
Old 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM

I like the guys at lms, its not personal ,just looking for more power and thay just dont have what im looking for any more. Just wish i did not need to buy a new tuner but if you want to play you need to pay!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 231 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by MAZZ MAN
I like the guys at lms, its not personal ,just looking for more power and thay just dont have what im looking for any more. Just wish i did not need to buy a new tuner but if you want to play you need to pay!
Same boat as you. Not personal against them but after many revisions I never like how my truck shifted with the 87 tow tune. I am looking at MPT for tunes but am tempted to run the sct canned tunes for a bit. The canned tunes sound pretty safe.

Quick Reply: Mpt or livernois