Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

modules such as Scorcher vs JMS Boost max or option that doesn't involve a tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default modules such as Scorcher vs JMS Boost max or option that doesn't involve a tune

Hi all... I know tunes have been discussed many of times, and I've had experiences where even a "tuner" built for the truck has had its issues, like anything... but has caused situations where it has bricked an ECU and leaves a code that indicates the PCM has been accessed...

I've heard the scorcher and boost max that modifies the reading to the MAP is another way to achieve more performance while not actually reprogramming.

I'm not looking to change shift points, throttle response... just some more boost, as I happen to like the stock calibration (especially towing) but if an extra 5-8 PSI could be had, I'd be cool with that.

thing is, I've heard the scorcher just gives "ideal" air pressure and temps, and that can cause some potential lean condition issues or worse... misfires

I've heard the JMS (even the scorcher) eventually becomes calibrated and the "new normal" and all benefits become null and void

thing is, they both claim to boost PSI, but wouldn't the only way to control an electronic BOV and wastegate be through a tune? Otherwise how can it ever excess the 11.7ish PSI wastegate?

I mean you can't have your cake and eat it too, but I'm not looking for a ***** to the wall 93 race tune... just more torque on how it performs stock.

I also have an AFE Mach 2 and 3" Mach force exhaust... which honestly has helped highway mileage, but I feel the reduction of low rpm torque has resulted in adverse effects of my in city driving.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 AM

Received 844 Likes on 495 Posts

If something catastrophic happens to your engine /transmission... They'll still be able to see the truck was beyond stock limits, boost and what not, in the pcm if they really want to.
Honesty you're better off running a well known custom tune rather than those "foolers"
Old 09-13-2016, 10:38 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirikenewtron
If something catastrophic happens to your engine /transmission... They'll still be able to see the truck was beyond stock limits, boost and what not, in the pcm if they really want to.
Honesty you're better off running a well known custom tune rather than those "foolers"
Yup.

5* offers a warranty if you wish to purchase it. Covers engine/transmission damage.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

I would not trust something that does not take into account all parameters of the truck.
The following users liked this post:
violinguy77 (09-13-2016)

Quick Reply: modules such as Scorcher vs JMS Boost max or option that doesn't involve a tune