Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Methanol Kit Install Ecoboost w/out new charge pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Methanol Kit Install Ecoboost w/out new charge pipe

This will be my first full write up. I just ordered my methanol kit and will be installing it soon. I believe I have come up with a way to do so without having to tap the existing charge pipe or buying a new one using a silicone coupler from Mishimoto. I will be doing a full write up with pics after I get it all installed. I will also be mixing my own methanol blend.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:25 PM

I got the kit in and couldn't wait to install it! I ordered the AEM 30-3300 kit from MPT along with their mounting kit which made this install a breeze and their instructions were very helpful.

Pic of the nozzle installed in the coupler, fits perfect and is in a recessed part of the coupler which preserves the spray pattern.

The upper tank mount is held on by the lower radiator support

The lower tank mount bolts into the holes of the tab that sticks off the radiator on the passenger side

The pump mount bolts on the driver side intercooler support mount

I decided to put the controller behind the panel under the steering wheel as it is pretty easy to get to but that way I don't have to worry about people messing with the setting *****
Old 09-21-2014, 02:37 PM

I installed the remote indicator led in the dimmer switch plastic because its easy to remove, cheap to replace, and visible without being distracting

I ran the wires and boost hose through the drivers side firewall grommet. I had to use a knife and cut a new hole as I already used the nipple to run the wires for my rigids, I went back after and put the wire conduit over all the wires to clean up the look

I ran the boost hose above the brake master cylinder and into the plastic fascia under the wipers to protect it from heat

Where the boost hose exits the fascia

I went to Oreilly's and bought an assorted pack of vacuum tee fittings and some hose clamps so I could tee in the boost hose
Old 09-21-2014, 02:45 PM

The power and ground wires for the pump are routed down under the rubber next the frame support and come out between the radiator support and headlight

The switched power trigger wire is wired up to an add a fuse in the fuse box under the hood

The signal wires for the low fluid level sensor are run down next to the battery box and come out between the headlight and radiator on the passenger side

Tank mounted one hole higher than MPT says just to be sure it is higher than the pump, It does fit if you have the RX catch can, but probably wont if you have the monster size

Last edited by Aggie15; 09-21-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:56 PM

Removed the stock charge pipe coupler, I had to use a dremmel to cut the clamp on the charge pipe side as it was one continuous piece and crimped on

I had to shorten the new coupler a half inch on each end to make it fit. I installed it on the charge pipe side first, which was hard because the pipe is about 3 1/8 so the coupler had to stretch a bit but definitely won't be coming loose. I reused the wrom gear clamp off the old coupler and a new one on the charge pipe side as I didn't have any t bolt clamps that fit it, definitely not worried about it ever blowing off though

I bought a filter from devils own and installed it pre pump to ensure pump longevity

The injection line from the pump to the nozzle is run through the same way as the pump power and ground wires and arches over my intake pipes

Coupler with nozzle installed
Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Nice work... well other than the flex hose/custom intake looks just a little out of place lol.

How does it feel? Is your tuner going to adjust for this or you running raw dog style lol.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:20 PM

haha yeah I pieced together some pipe, I couldn't justify spending so much on an aftermarket intake if I could do it myself, My tuner is going to adjust for it before I turn the system on, I should be getting the tune this week I hope
Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggie15
haha yeah I pieced together some pipe, I couldn't justify spending so much on an aftermarket intake if I could do it myself, My tuner is going to adjust for it before I turn the system on, I should be getting the tune this week I hope
I saw that on another thread. I also noticed that you use the aeroforce for times, have you been to the track to see how accurate it is? I plum forgot it had that or id be comparing mine to actual.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:30 PM

No I haven't been to the track to compare, but i'd imagine its fairly accurate since it's hooked up to the trucks computer
Old 09-21-2014, 09:22 PM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Clean that mess up.

Quick Reply: Methanol Kit Install Ecoboost w/out new charge pipe