Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low oil pressure

I have a 5.0 with 18,000 miles and the the oil pressure gauge bottomed out and the warning message appeared on the screen. has anyone had the same problem I shut the truck off and restarted it and oil pressure was fine.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by award
I have a 5.0 with 18,000 miles and the the oil pressure gauge bottomed out and the warning message appeared on the screen. has anyone had the same problem I shut the truck off and restarted it and oil pressure was fine.
Were you parked on a hill when it happened? I though I remember some members having that happen when parked on a hill
Old 03-22-2015, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had just hooked to a trailer and it squatted my truck a little then it came on but I left it hooked up and it didn't come back on again the rest of the day. hope it was a one time deal. my truck shows one warning message now. I don't know if I have to take it to the dealer for them to read it?
Old 03-22-2015, 11:41 AM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Sounds like you are probably in warranty so you could do that. If you are interested in being able to read codes and tons of other real time information on your truck, you could buy a $10 Bluetooth obd reader and buy torque pro for android for $5 for your phone, if you have android. You can read codes and look at all sorts of other info with it. Pretty good deal for 15-20 bucks
Old 03-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

I had just hooked to a trailer and it squatted my truck a little then it came on but I left it hooked up and it didn't come back on again the rest of the day. hope it was a one time deal. my truck shows one warning message now. I don't know if I have to take it to the dealer for them to read it?
What's the model year of your truck, award? Having your dealer check this out is a step in the right direction. I suggest reaching out to them if you haven't already; use this to get started.

Please let me know how it goes! I'll be here to help however I can.

Brittany
Old 03-30-2015, 03:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Any update on this issue. Because it happens to me 2 times since i owned the truck 2012 ,5.0.

Quick Reply: Low oil pressure