Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Looking for dent deterrent system

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Looking for dent deterrent system

Anything that would return the favor to those that open their doors in a not so gentle fashion into my truck. Something that would maybe load bricks from my bed as ammo, and hurl them trebuchet style into the assailant's door or maybe even windshield.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Uhh.....

That would be criminal damage or felony assault depending on if the vehicle is occupied..
I'd lift your truck, then they can hit the big steel rocker guards. I always laughed when my jeep had some color of paint on the step.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Around Christmas I left the wife in the truck and ran in toysrus to check on some toys for my son. My phone rings and she says a guy opened his door into my truck. She said he's coming inside and described him. I met the guy at the door, skinny wormy guy and his two ridiculously overweight friends. I told him to walk out to his truck because he dinged my door. He was freaking out. Keep in mind I'm taking my wife's word on the ding and am expecting serious damage. We get out to our trucks and there's barely a green mark on my truck from his door. No dent or scratch. He apologized profusely, I accepted and he left. I then took my shirt and wiped the green smudge off of my door. I almost took my holiday frustrations out on this kid for nothing. Good times, good times haha.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 PM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

I just learned over the years to park farther away. The closer you are to any entrance (store/restaurant) the probability goes up. I tell my wife for years to park away and walk, the one time she pulled up close to Grocery store her minivan was backed into by another car and they drove off. The store saw what happended and gave tags, this person was uninsured and we were screwed once again. My wife had a lesson learned moment and now understands why I park my truck away from everyone. Good door/bumper guards would be a huge plus on trucks today..
Old 01-14-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by jkaufman_95
Uhh.....

That would be criminal damage or felony assault depending on if the vehicle is occupied..
I'd lift your truck, then they can hit the big steel rocker guards. I always laughed when my jeep had some color of paint on the step.
Sarcasm rarely translates through the web.

Personally, I'd like to electrify the truck but that's just me.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

I call it a "Louisville Slugger". Seriously, the only deterrant is to park as for away as possible, and that doesn't even work sometimes. The Wifey came home the other day aggravated because she parked at the end of the lot, came out, and there was a POS parked right next to her.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Been thinking about buying a real POS truck just to take shopping and run errands with. Something really big with some mean looking steel bumpers welded on. Maby hang one of my old shotguns on a rack in the rear window for effect. Then I would only take my good truck to safe places.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My truck will turn a year old end of this month, and it has more dings on it than my '93 (seen in my profile pic). **** is so aggrivating.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Step bars | running boards.

*Though leaves the bed unprotected.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Was at Cross Iron Mills mall. Came out and both people who park by me left about 5 feet between vehicles. I wanted to leave both of them thank you cards. My dad figures they are both sick of door dents too.

Quick Reply: Looking for dent deterrent system