Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Loaded MPT tune last night...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Talking Loaded MPT tune last night...

93 Performance Race tune. I haven't hit WOT yet as the instructions said not to while it learns for the first 100 miles. Holy hell I can't believe the difference it makes and running 33" tires with the 3.31 gear. It has traction issues at 1/2 throttle, so I guess the limited slip unit will be coming soon. I also like the setup of all the gears upshifting and downshifting. Very pleased!
Old 07-26-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you using this tune for your daily driver?
Old 07-26-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 175 Likes on 112 Posts

I too have a 5.0 with 3.31 gears. I'm saving my pennies for an SCT/MPT tuner hoping that it'll change my mind about regearing, for a minute or two. I'm running stock 18" wheels and do not plan on putting larger tires on but I might regear to 3.73 down the line.

I got a sweet deal on my truck so the 3.31s didn't bother me at the time, but I'm looking to change that now. I'm definitely interested to hear how you're liking those tunes.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:31 PM
PAStormTrooper

Received 42 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweatmachine
I too have a 5.0 with 3.31 gears. I'm saving my pennies for an SCT/MPT tuner hoping that it'll change my mind about regearing, for a minute or two. I'm running stock 18" wheels and do not plan on putting larger tires on but I might regear to 3.73 down the line.

I got a sweet deal on my truck so the 3.31s didn't bother me at the time, but I'm looking to change that now. I'm definitely interested to hear how you're liking those tunes.

For the 5.0 it would definitely be worth it to swap to 3.73 because it likes the higher rpm bands, for an the ecoboost ill keep my 3.31 it makes plenty of power dwn low stock and tuned. But if your 4wheel drive it gets expensive fast if your a 2wd id do it in a heartbeat !!!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tbgreen89
Are you using this tune for your daily driver?

Yes, and so far so good!

Originally Posted by Sweatmachine

It still surprises me (even after having the truck for a year) as to how much more powerful the newer engines are. Running 33" tires with a 3.31 and the motor still pulls like a freight train. My previous F150s had 3.55 gears with smaller tires and were very noticeably slower.

I got a super great deal on mine (under $25k out the door). Will be putting in 4.10s and limited slip, so it will be an absolute animal off the line.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:13 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I plan on getting the SCT/MPT tunes sometime this winter.

After my truck went in for the latest TSB/Condensation issue this last year, my truck is a complete dog now. Ford wont do anything about it. WOT shifts are about as lazy as I've ever experienced.

Quick Reply: Loaded MPT tune last night...