Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

LET Tune Review

Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Default LET Tune Review

Another no bull review

On the evening of Jan 26, I ordered a LET 91 octane tune for my truck. He almost immediately followed up with the first tune, a datalogging template and a request for me to load the tune, log and send the log back.

I did not let Erick know any of my previous issues with my older tune from SSI, so this was essentially a blank slate.

First tune was very mild to evaluate the truck on the data logs. First thing I noted - no P0299 underboost code, no stuttering, cruise control worked the first time, no pinging - nothing abnormal at all.

I forwarded the logs to Erick on the evening of the 27th and he responded with a more aggressive tune on the 28th. I loaded that up, drove it for the day and forwarded him the logs last night.

Erick responded this morning that the logs look good and the truck is driving nicely.

I will update this thread if I have any revised driving impressions over time. This review would be longer but, I'm happy to say, there are no issues at all to extend the length.
The following users liked this post:
EcoPowerParts (01-31-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 03:18 PM

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

Awesome glad you found someone to make you and your truck happy! Here's to many more smiles while driving your rig! Pretty significant increase in power?
Old 01-29-2015, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by strokin7.3
Awesome glad you found someone to make you and your truck happy! Here's to many more smiles while driving your rig! Pretty significant increase in power?
Huge difference from stock, of course. Smoother shifts, nice power.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

I think they aren't too far from me..
Old 01-30-2015, 07:49 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by RockhoundF150
Huge difference from stock, of course. Smoother shifts, nice power.
What other tunes have you successfully run to compare this one to from power and smoothness. I know if one other that doesn't count because it never functioned "right" for you....

I haven't tried the LET but have nearly all the other ones.... A comparison,if you've tried them, could help others.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

When I first decided to tune my truck, I did a lot of research and found that some guys were trying on tunes like they were shoes at a shoe store. I couldn't understand how they had the time or money to do that. I got what seemed to be best at the time and stuck with it for a year before I realized I was not impressed. I got an SCT tuner, tried the canned tunes, not bad, but I wanted more. I tried 3 others after that, noting that there could be huge differences among them, settled on the one that made me smile. I have since tried upgrades of the ones I own and always go back to the one that made me smile, then grin and laugh. Don't be afraid to experiment.
This is not an endorsement, but just saying the reality is that every truck and driver are different.

Last edited by SkiSmuggs; 01-30-2015 at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
brucesears (02-14-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by zx12-iowa
What other tunes have you successfully run to compare this one to from power and smoothness. I know if one other that doesn't count because it never functioned "right" for you....

I haven't tried the LET but have nearly all the other ones.... A comparison,if you've tried them, could help others.
Sure.

Canned SCT and 5* I found very similar. 5* had smoother shifts than SCT but not as smooth as LET. LET has stronger mid and top end and generates more boost.

SSI primary difference for me is tough to nail down. SSI had a much more sensitive throttle peddle. It also did seem to try and build boost less progressively and more like an on off switch.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad you are having good luck with Erick at LET. He tuned my truck and it runs great. He is always helpful and quick to respond! I started out with 87 performance but recently switched over to 91 and i love everything about it. shifts smooth and power is there anytime i need it. Id recommend him to anyone!
Old 01-30-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm one of those tries-tunes-on-like-shoes people, lol:

The newer SSI tunes are a whole lot more progressive than they used to be - around the TREX days, a small boot to the throttle resulted in peak boost and wheel spin anytime I tried to cross the street from a stop. I think the focus on reducing lag is what caused this. Nowadays you can order anything from mild to wild, and running a soft shifting and less aggressive throttle version makes it feel much more controllable, but still not a snooze-fest like stock. Put another way, my girlfriend doesn't lay tread in my driveway every morning anymore, lol..

LET's tunes are super progressive rolling on the throttle - easily the smoothest/most controllable of any of the tunes in my arsenal. I never had to worry about wheel spin when I didn't want it - plenty to be had with a stronger stab at the go-pedal. The best way to describe it is that it feels the closest to running a physical throttle cable to the pedal, which is about as good as it gets.

5* and MPT's tunes just feel lacking compared to the above two. :\
Old 02-01-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Just made my appointment for this Saturday for a custom tune and a dyno run!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LET Tune Review