Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Keith W

Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keith W

I have a new f 150 2011 Ecoboost. I want to upgrade exhuast system and wheels and tires. Possibly small lift not sure. What can i use without affecting gas mileage signifacantly?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't spreadsheet this..

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith W
...What can i use without affecting gas mileage signifacantly?
The search button.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I say that in complete humor, no offense intended. Congrats on the truck, you're sure to love it. Exhaust probably won't really affect the mileage. The biggest change will come from the tires/level/lift. If you stick to near factory size, I wouldn't expect much of a change. Depends on what you're going for really. I would expect to see about a 1-2mpg drop with larger tires and the like. MT treads will probably yield a bit worse mileage than an AT tread, etc, etc. Larger the diameter usually the more rolling resistance which will lead to worse economy.

Anyway, best of luck to you. There are loads of threads on the forum pertaining to your question. If I didn't have to rush off to class, I'd link a few.

Last edited by flanneljunkie; 10-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 PM
TCR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a 2" level and 33s(275/60/20s) and yep milage has suffered. As far as exhaust; I'm w/ you and want to do something, but have you heard the options? They dont sound too truck like IMO. The 4" Heartthrob sounds ok, but not the quality of others(not ss) and still a little ricey. You can hear the turbos through this system too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keith W