Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Just picked up a Bully Dog Ecoboost Tuner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just picked up a Bully Dog Ecoboost Tuner!

I found one in stock at a local performance shop and decided to be the guinea pig. I'm installing it as I type.

So far, so good. It's easy to operate, and is tuning fairly quickly. It'll probably be 10 minutes start to finish.

I'm installing the performance tune (91 octane) first. Will update in as soon as I'm down.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Quick pic.
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up a Bully Dog Ecoboost Tuner!-image-1112029810.jpg  
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Take some video too if possible.

I wish you luck! Congrats. Im glad someone was willing to be the guinea pig

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

I can't wait to see what you think!! I have been drooling the last week after I found out that Bully Dog had a tuner!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried a bullydog triple dog programmer.... I had problems it was triggering the TPMS light to go on and off.. It did very little for me as far as perfomance. I ended up on the phone to tech support 4 times before I returned it for a refund.... I am looking forward to see if you have any issues... Good luck...
Old 11-10-2011, 07:29 PM

Back from my first test drive. There is a very noticeable increase in horespower and torque. And I'm not talking about the normal "well maybe it feels a little faster" kind of power you get with an intake or exhaust.

I noticed the difference as soon as I pulled out the driveway driving like normal. The throttle response is much better, and the truck just feels stronger. When I got on the gas out of the hole, it spun the tires easily and pulled hard. The Bully Dog GT has gauge capabilities, so I watched boost while doing WOT runs. Boost held at 12-13 psi. The max psi reading showed 16.

The truck idles like stock and shifts smooth (although maybe slightly stiffer than stock, but that's expected). I didn't do any fuel economy testing, but I'll get some numbers on my 100 mile round trip city/highway driving commute tomorrow.

To sum it up, my first impression is a very good one. Definitely not having buyer's remorse. Also, before I tuned the truck, I called Bully Dog's tech line with a quick question regarding tuning. There was no wait time, I talked to a real person, and he gave me a quick answer. Another plus in my book.

I'll update you guys tomorrow. I'm going to have a drink (and no, I'm not driving).

Last edited by Esquire; 11-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Esquire
Back from my first test drive. There is a very noticeable increase in horespower and torque. And I'm not talking about the normal "well maybe it feels a little faster" kind of power you get with an intake or exhaust.

I noticed the difference as soon as I pulled out the driveway driving like normal. The throttle response is much better, and the truck just feels stronger. When I got on the gas out of the hole, it spun the tires easily and pulled hard. The Bully Dog GT has gauge capabilities, so I watched boost while doing WOT runs. Boost held at 12-13 psi. The max psi reading showed 16.

The truck idles like stock and shifts smooth (although maybe slightly stiffer than stock, but that's expected). I didn't do any fuel economy testing, but I'll get some numbers on my 100 mile round trip city/highway driving commute tomorrow.

To sum it up, my first impression is a very good one. Definitely not having buyer's remorse. Also, before I tuned the truck, I called Bully Dog's tech line with a quick question regarding tuning. There was no wait time, I talked to a real person, and he gave me a quick answer. Another plus in my book.

I'll update you guys tomorrow. I'm going to have a drink (and no, I'm not driving).
Exactly what I wanted to hear! Can't wait for mine to come in!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
[Project Ironhide]

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

SUBSCRIBED! Ok dood. Waiting to see the fuel economy results.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by garrett720
Exactly what I wanted to hear! Can't wait for mine to come in!!!
Quick tip for when you get yours- the manual gives you some instructions on permanently installing the tuner in your truck by hooking up a power wire to your fuse panel, windshield mount, etc. Bully Dog tech informed me that the power wire does not need to be installed. I just plugged the tuner in to the OBDII port, tuned the truck, then unplugged it. When I first saw the permanent install instructions, I was aggravated because I thought I wasn't going to be able to tune the truck tonight! Not the case.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a Bully Dog Ecoboost Tuner!