Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Intake Tube 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Intake Tube 5.0

I've done the search, I've googled, and I've ebayed.
But that doesnt mean it's not out there, I just haven't seen it yet...

Do any companies make a intake tube that goes from the factory throttle body to the factory air box that replaces the jumbled/warted up tube that filters, silences, optimizes, slices dices and all other things it supposed to do?
I have the Mustang factory intake cover that I'm going to mod to fit the 5.0 in my truck, I have a number of hoses to reroute and the factory air tube looks terrible.
I'd just like a smooth pipe from point a to point b.
I've seen all of the AFE, roush, k&n etc that is out there.
None of them really produce and real hp gain, and I want to drive my truck, so, oiling my filter and worrying about rain going in my cool open top filter housing are not really an option.

RCSB 5.0 stx race red 2wd, it needs to have the nice engine bay, where was Ford on the under hood appearance of the 5.0 truck??...

Any help would be appreciated, so Thanx in advance.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM
HOPEFUL

Received 266 Likes on 197 Posts

nobody that I have seen offers it seperately. I have a Roush CAI and its a fairly straight shot. no extra bends or anything. you can use the stock airbox with the roush tube (after cutting one small rubber notch off), but unfortunately Roush wont sell you just the tube, I tried.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM

Thanx for the input.
I just fired off an email to Airaid to see if they will sell just the tube from the Part # 401-799 Jr kit. I uses a drop in filter in the stock box, but replaces the tube, we will see.
I'm hoping they do, as the filter they offer in the kit is $90.

The whole kit is $200ish on ebay, $250ish on the Airaid site and those prices are both with the filter.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Afe may offer just the tube if you contact them or a vendor like 5 star or mpt. I would think they would almost have to if you bought just the air box lid replacement and wanted to purchase the pipe later. Keep us posted.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

The Magnuson Supercharger kit has a tube that connects to the factory airbox?

View the first page and the last two.
http://www.magnacharger.com/images/m...structions.pdf
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM

I did get a reply from airaid, it is as follows.

Mike-

Thank you for your inquiry. While we normally do not break up the kits I will make an exception for you on this. The tube and necessary hardware would run you $169.99 and you can contact me at 800-4**-69*1 Ext.7*7 to place an order.

Mark Fowler
AIRAIDFilter Company
2688 E Rose Garden Lane
Phoenix, AZ. 85050

I'm following up on some other leads too.
Thanx for all your replies, it's been more than helpful.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Ford Blue Oval Guy

Just get an airaid Jr kit for the 5.0. I got one and it comes with a new tube and there filter but leaves the stock box. Got mine off eBay for a best offer of $190 but prolly could of got it cheaper.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 118 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangMabry
Just get an airaid Jr kit for the 5.0. I got one and it comes with a new tube and there filter but leaves the stock box. Got mine off eBay for a best offer of $190 but prolly could of got it cheaper.
Did you notice any more of an intake noise with the Jr kit. I had the full kit and it was way to noisy for me and I returned it. Funny, at the time they did not sell the Jr kit and they said that they were not going to make just the Jr kit for the 5.0. I also tried to get just the tube, but they would not sell me just that. I guess times have changed. Also did you notice any improvements when you added the Jr kit?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to hear your impressions on the Jr kit also. On my 06 5.4, I installed just the tube because I already had a K&N drop in, and it made a nice difference. I tried a Roush intake on my new truck and it was just to over bearing at times.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MustangMabry
i'm looking at the same exact kit for my FX2. Did it make a difference in sound? Was it worth the $200?

Quick Reply: Intake Tube 5.0