Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

installed my Full-Race intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 01:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default installed my Full-Race intercooler

So i finally got my long awaited intercooler today and as im installing it i had a few snags and issues. First, the kit came with no instructions, sure im a guy and figured it out but when im supposed to reuse factory parts a little heads up would've been nice. Second, 2 of the clamps were too small, tried for 45 mins to make work but were too small so had to reuse 2 of my factory clamps (so much for the nice ones!). Third, the BOV screw it comes with is not even close to being right. It has to be about a 1/2" long but its about 1" long with a long shoulder so no way that was going to work, good thing i have a garage full of tiny machine screws. Fourth, it didn't come with screws for the IAC so again luckily i had screws i was able to use. After all that and figuring what went where and 3 hrs later i got it installed. The finished product is nice and the intercooler itself is VERY nice but the attantion to detail is a little gray. Maybe my '13 has a slightly larger charge pipes and why the clamps were too small but work on the other end? Who knows, all i know is it seems the truck pulls a lot harder on the top end and keeps wanting to pull so im happy. Downpipe and new tune next.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:48 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Beautiful! And contact FR about the issues. They need to know in order to correct them.
It looks great! I like the semi-stealth look of that color with your truck.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks! I will contact first of the week I'm just glad I got it to work. Truck definitely pulls harder on the top end, 3rd gear seems to pull harder then 2nd gear. I'd assume because the iat's are not climbing like it does with the stock intercooler.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
F150 Forum

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Glad you're enjoying it!

Quick Reply: installed my Full-Race intercooler