Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ideas for 3.7 PCV Oil Catch Can, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ideas for 3.7 PCV Oil Catch Can, Anyone?

Anyone put a PCV in line "catch can" on their 3.7 yet.
Here is the link to the 5.0 thread, but those guys are ignoring my inquiries about the 3.7.
https://www.f150forum.com/f70/5-0l-o...ch-can-112117/
Old 12-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Jax123
Anyone put a PCV in line "catch can" on their 3.7 yet.
Here is the link to the 5.0 thread, but those guys are ignoring my inquiries about the 3.7.
https://www.f150forum.com/f70/5-0l-o...ch-can-112117/
Us lowly 3.7 drivers get on their nerves. 5-0 snobs.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 AM
t_b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every one of the commercially available oil separators requires you to do your own plumbing. Try breaking some new ground with your 3.7L, figuring it out on your own, and helping others to learn from your experience.

Personally, I disregarded your question because you asked this:

Are both of these EGR's or is the smaller line maybe a return from the manifold to the valve cover.
If not, could you mount a catch in the smaller line? There is an ideal engine hook plate right there. Or maybe both if both are EGR (returns).
EGR and PCV are two totally different systems, and one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. When you confuse the two like that in your question it makes it difficult for people to figure out what you are trying to figure out.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EGR and PCV are two totally different systems, and one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. When you confuse the two like that in your question it makes it difficult for people to figure out what you are trying to figure out.[/QUOTE]

Yea I was dumb & dumber on this one. Had to be one of those senior moments. Technically speaking, EGR could translate (exhaust gas return - exhaust gas recirculating) but we will go with the correct PCV nomenclature.
Anyway I went direct to Ford Support for their opinion, and was informed that any modification to emissions control could result in voided warranty. I know, I know - what could they say. Where is the Shell Answer Man when you need him.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t_b
Every one of the commercially available oil separators requires you to do your own plumbing. Try breaking some new ground with your 3.7L, figuring it out on your own, and helping others to learn from your experience.

EGR and PCV are two totally different systems, and one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. When you confuse the two like that in your question it makes it difficult for people to figure out what you are trying to figure out.
+1

Quick Reply: Ideas for 3.7 PCV Oil Catch Can, Anyone?