Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Heartthrob Exhaust video

Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heartthrob Exhaust video

Just found this on YouTube. It was uploaded yesterday.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:36 PM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

wow!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice results, kinda makes it a little easier to find a nice exhaust for the truck and being that it really amplifies the sound of the turbos, I like ut
Old 09-15-2011, 12:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm more at ease because I just ordered this exhaust monday. I thought it would be very loud, thankfully its not. Now i'm just waiting to receive it so i can get that beautiful turbo spool sound to it (its exactly how my talon sounds like at idle). I will post my results when I install it but til then all i can do is wait
Old 09-15-2011, 12:48 AM
hi!

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Very nice!

I like to be able to see the actual dyno gains. 303rwhp to 341rwhp is very nice. The only thing I don't like is how it's a short piece of stock pipe then it looks like they made their own adapter to dump it to 4". I'd like it to be more of a conical shape, but it probably doesn't matter.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sucks this exhaust is not made in Stainless. Would be all over it. Think I have to go with the AFE...
Old 09-15-2011, 02:58 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

40 whp from exhaust is craziness from what seems to be free flowing stock. So basically this video proves that the 90 whp gain that was gained from livernois was really a 50whp gain from the tune. Im still skeptical regardless of the video. Sounds really nice though.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joewee3.5
40 whp from exhaust is craziness from what seems to be free flowing stock. So basically this video proves that the 90 whp gain that was gained from livernois was really a 50whp gain from the tune. Im still skeptical regardless of the video. Sounds really nice though.
I agree it does seem a bit much to gain 40whp from the cat back. Unless the stock muffler is just crazy restrictive, which it may be since it is super quiet stock exhaust. I'm betting with a downpipe and exhaust the most it will see is 90-100whp. Probably 50-60 if you just tune it. Still decent gains for not too much effort.

And correct me if i'm wrong but it is fastlaneturbo.com that is using the tuner box to get its 90whp with a downpipe. I'm not sure if they have an entire cat back they don't say in the video or thread. But Livernois is still working on actually cracking the ECU to be able to flash it but they haven't updated anything in the past month or so. Other than that they are working on it.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Wavehogger
I agree it does seem a bit much to gain 40whp from the cat back. Unless the stock muffler is just crazy restrictive, which it may be since it is super quiet stock exhaust. I'm betting with a downpipe and exhaust the most it will see is 90-100whp. Probably 50-60 if you just tune it. Still decent gains for not too much effort.

And correct me if i'm wrong but it is fastlaneturbo.com that is using the tuner box to get its 90whp with a downpipe. I'm not sure if they have an entire cat back they don't say in the video or thread. But Livernois is still working on actually cracking the ECU to be able to flash it but they haven't updated anything in the past month or so. Other than that they are working on it.
You are correct it is fastlane that got the gains, they had a final of 390whp and 12 of that was the y-pipe
Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 PM
.....twin hamster wheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, i believe the fastlaneturbo y-pipe isnt "downpipes". the factory primary cat's in the downpipes are still there then the y-pipe to a single exhaust outlet. So the FLT y-pipe is just high flow secondary cats with larger pipe diameter then stock. Still waiting to see a company come out with replacement downpipes that go into the y-pipe and then a heartthrob or similar cat-back exhaust for a true full-turboback setup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heartthrob Exhaust video