Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Got a CEL, here's the finding

Old 05-14-2014, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got a CEL, here's the finding

Truck is a 2012 Lariat Screw with Ecoboost and Max Tow Package...21k miles

Check engine light came on so I called and made an appointment at Crossroads Ford to take it in. After waiting about 10 minutes they said they pulled a code(can't remember the number). It had something to do with the catalytic converter failing. They ordered a new cat and said the truck was due for a programming update and a TSB for the intercooler moisture issue.

I took the truck in about a year ago in Miami while on a road trip. I had bad misfire and loss of power on the interstate during a rain storm and the next morning while it was very humid out. The dealer at that time said it threw a code for cylinder misfire and they couldn't find anything wrong and sent me on my way. The dealer here at home says that incident is most likely what sealed the fate on this catalytic converter, it just took this long for it to set a code. Anyways they ordered the parts, scheduled me a loaner and I go back Monday for replacement. The dealer experience at crossroads in Southern Pines, NC has been top notch so far.

Last edited by Sweet Action; 05-14-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Action
...The dealer experience at crossroads in Southern Pines, NC has been top notch so far.
Fantastic news, Sweet Action; it sounds like you're in good hands. Keep us posted on how things progress.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a CEL, here's the finding