Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

A funny thing happened on the way to the cabin

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts
Default A funny thing happened on the way to the cabin

Last Sunday I filled up in Idaho Springs, CO on my way up to my sister's cabin up above 10,000' elevation. After filling I started the truck and began to pull into the street when the wrench appeared and the truck shut down and idled like a diesel. I barely was able to crawl across to a parking lot.
I pulled up two error codes with the Torque app on my phone
P2111: Throttle stuck open
P2112: Throttle stuck closed

WTF? stuck open and closed at the same time? maybe TPS is going bad

I cleared the codes and the truck has performed flawlessly ever since, with no recurrence of the codes.

I'm so glad I had the Bluetooth dongle and the Torque app.

Last edited by frieed; 08-07-2016 at 06:39 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-07-2016, 06:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't sound funny to me. I hope you don't have any issues again but if so please keep us update it. I used to have an Audi A4 that drive me crazy, every once in a while I have random codes that didn't make sense. After I got rid of it I had more peace:-)
Old 08-08-2016, 01:53 PM

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah that could be a sign the throttle body itself is beginning to fail. I had a 2007 f150 that would pop up these same error codes. Whole throttle body had to be replaced, it would do it randomly and force idle the truck no pedal input. I know my example is from a 2007 but I think it applies. If under warranty id take it in.

Quick Reply: A funny thing happened on the way to the cabin