Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Full Race Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit price listed and added to cart!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Just here for the MPG's

Received 252 Likes on 214 Posts

Talking Full Race Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit price listed and added to cart!

Im always checking Full Race's website and have been in contact with Geoff about the new CAC, so i was very happy today to finally see a price listed. A price that is not outrageous by any means. Im heading down to Phoenix next week for the marathon and hopefully a visit to Full Race to pick this item up! Buying it for myself as a "first marathon completed gift" and I'm already beyond excited. Hopefully ill be able to post some pics while im there next weekend!

http://www.full-race.com/store/ecobo...ler-kit-1.html

Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Just here for the MPG's

Received 252 Likes on 214 Posts

Also need opinions on which look would be the best. Im having a really hard time deciding between leaving it unfinished or having it painted black and going for a "sleeper". Any thoughts, comments, opinions would be appreciated. Heres a pic of the front of my truck to give you an idea, also keep in mind the 6 bar grille will end up as Tuxedo Black Metallic.
Attached Thumbnails Full Race Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit price listed and added to cart!-img_1095.jpg   Full Race Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit price listed and added to cart!-img_0797.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Eye of the Tiger

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

I plan on getting it in black if I get the full-race. I like stealth and I have tuxedo black on my truck as well.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Keepin' the lights on!

Received 229 Likes on 153 Posts

Paint it black and post some reviews and pics!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

It might have been mentioned before but what are the hp/tq gains from adding this? It definitely looks cool.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I too noticed last night that the CAC was now available from Full Race. I have not read anywhere(on the Full Race site) about any gains from installing the Full Race CAC. I do understand that there could be potential gains under certain conditions. i.e. warm humid days while under constant boost such as a towing or a heavier load situation. I don't know if that would really mean simply preserving the stock rated power or gaining. I'm assuming that the PCM would pull timing and/or boost with increased IAT therefore I am assuming that the FR CAC will preserve the stock rating when a stock CAC could become heat soaked.

My main reason for wanting to change the CAC is for reliability and the piece of mind of eliminating the possibilty of condensation that we know can occur with the stock CAC. As far as cost, I think that it is money better spent than on a cat-back exhaust.

I don't like the aluminum look of the Full Race CAC and an additional $150. for black anodizing seems a bit steep. I have a couple of hot rods that have aluminum radiators and I always spray them satin black with Eastwood's radiator paint. Cost, about $10. I know, it isn't anodizing....

I have pretty much made up my mind that I will be upgrading the stock CAC. It is simply a matter of Full Race or Wagner. There isn't a lot of data on either one to make the descision though.

Olli

Last edited by Olli; 01-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Anyone care to speculate, or maybe know why Ford uses the current design instead of putting it up like Full Race or Wagner?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

The Wagner cooler is OEM location, the full race relocates it up a bit.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 AM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Nice price and def. a worthwhile upgrade for the heavy haulers out there for sure.

A quick note for the men at Full Race. I see on your website it lists the ability to use a snow plow with the upgraded IC. I think the limiting factor on the new F-150's (minus the 6.2L equipped) is the EPAS (electric steering), not necessarily the IC location' although its certainly an issue as well.

If anyone buys this with the idea of snow plowing you might want to refer them to their owner manual. Id hate to see someone give you grief and bad press because they trashed their steering with a snow plow and said you could do it with the upgraded IC.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Lookin' for Trouble

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to know if this is worth the money. The current one is a fin style intercooler and not a bar and plate (better, more cooling surface area) but, it's efficient and should be good up to decent power. IMO

Go with Silver. You're into upgrading and it's kinda hard to be sleeper with an EcoBeast badge over the Ford emblems and murdered out.

The truck looks really good by the way. One of the best I've seen thus far.

Quick Reply: Full Race Intercooler / CAC Upgrade Kit price listed and added to cart!