Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Full-Race 3" w/ Resonator and Wagner IC

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Full-Race 3" w/ Resonator and Wagner IC

After much consternation I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Full-Race Catback with Resonator. We use this truck to tow our TT and I bought it for "her", so I opted for the more subdued route. The Wagner IC should be here today and after all is said and done, I will need 5Star Tuning to adjust my LivewireTS for the changes.

Gonna have to probably learn how to Data Log with the Livewire and send the results to 5Star. Also thought about adding an LET Tune to the mix.

This Mods (like mods of others) leads me to the question of Torque Converters??? Is the stock TC "good enuff" or can we get much better performance from an updated one from someone like SunCoast? Would be nice to get shifts just a bit earlier while towing and lockup quicker IMO. Not sure what limits Tuners have when it comes to the stock TCs...

Last edited by DieselDawg; 03-30-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently asked my local Ford dealer service technician about how much the transmission and drivetrain can take when discussing my mods. His response was that these trucks are "resilient" and can handle more power. I wouldn't bother swapping out the torque converter unless a problem arises. My Edge tuner allows me to change shift points, shift firmness, and torque converter lock points.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM

Received 117 Likes on 83 Posts

Pretty sure after the mods...5Star can also adjust my settings with an adjusted custom tune. Just thinking about any performance/mpg gains that might be available with a "better" TC...
Old 03-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

I ran both of those mods and they didn't require a tune adjustment. The PCM makes some adjustments as it is. Both the SSi and 5 Star P/T tunes were good.
The Wagner IC is a great mod for towing.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 PM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs
I ran both of those mods and they didn't require a tune adjustment. The PCM makes some adjustments as it is. Both the SSi and 5 Star P/T tunes were good.
The Wagner IC is a great mod for towing.
Your old Wagner is holding up just fine. She got a nice make over and loves her new home.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by BucketMan
Your old Wagner is holding up just fine. She got a nice make over and loves her new home.
Thanks for the update, man! I love it when the stuff I love is well taken care of.

Quick Reply: Full-Race 3" w/ Resonator and Wagner IC