Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ford Warranty ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Warranty ?

It as been a number of years since I owned a Ford product, 1989.

I read a lot of post about New trucks being tweaked already ,Eco and 5.0.
Is Ford fairly forgiving about mods and warranty or are today's Ford owner more nonchalant about the possibility of giving up full warranty.I have in the past waited for at least the bumper to bumper warranty to elapse before the games started.

Just curious
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackXTR
It as been a number of years since I owned a Ford product, 1989.

I read a lot of post about New trucks being tweaked already ,Eco and 5.0.
Is Ford fairly forgiving about mods and warranty or are today's Ford owner more nonchalant about the possibility of giving up full warranty.I have in the past waited for at least the bumper to bumper warranty to elapse before the games started.

Just curious
They can only void the warranty on parts directly affected by the mod and even then, technically (but good luck with this) they have to prove that the mod caused the problem. that said, I suspect a lot of people are just ignorant of the potential implications of their actions and that some mods affect a lot more parts than some people think.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY Pt GT turbo stage 1 had a weak tranny,as do all Pts ,power boost was for the first 3 gears.I can only imagine what would happen to it with the torque the eco puts out

Boom Bang Dang

Quick Reply: Ford Warranty ?