Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Forced Induction 6.2s - Please step inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Forced Induction 6.2s - Please step inside

Hi Guys,

I know there are a ton of FI 6.2s out there, mostly in Raptors - but also in some street trucks. Before anyone mentions it, yes I know the 6.2 wasn't built to be a race motor, yes I know it take a lot more power to accelerate a truck down the track than a race car, yes - I know all of these things. The people who will post here with relevant information - Do Not Care about those things. We buy them, build them, and race them for us, not what everyone else thinks we should do with them.

I'm curious as to what you have broken so far, how much power you're making - and for GOD's SAKE what these things run at the track on boost?

Some things I'd like to track as I'm preparing for spring, which means FI for myself. If you care to share the following -

Truck model - (Raptor, Plat, Harley, FX4, etc)
Power Adder - (Whipple, Roush, Procharger, Turbo (size/count),etc...)
Installer - (Yourself, Shop ***)
Tuner - (Supplied tune, custom tune by ****)
Fuel - (Stock, BAP, Walbro 405, ****)
Other mods - (Headers, catback, stroker, etc...)
Lbs of boost -
Dyno # -
Track ET/MPH -

And then maybe a short blurb of your tale, why you made the choice you did, what you would do differently, what unexpected costs or surprises you've had along the way.

I'm also looking for some answers-
Has anyone had an oil pump failure on the 6.2 and do you know why?

It is hard to get a lot of good info from the Raptor forums, but I don't know where else to go to get my 6.2 information.

(how I missed this one I don't know, but he didn't get much more traction - https://www.f150forum.com/f38/6-2-ow...uction-246715/)

Last edited by Jack_Toepfer; 02-24-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction 6.2s - Please step inside