Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

First impression on MPT for the ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First impression on MPT for the ecoboost

Let's hear em'
Old 03-15-2014, 06:23 PM

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

They are a tuning company that is fairly quick to respond....
Old 03-15-2014, 07:11 PM
PAStormTrooper

Received 42 Likes on 13 Posts

Knowledgable, outstanding customer service, and great tunes for lots of platforms. Especially the Ecoboost !!
Old 03-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Well the first impression was in September when I got my first tune from them and hated it due to harsh shifting. Subsequent impression is that they have worked hard to improve the tunes, have good customer service, and pretty good tunes now.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Do a search... I recall at least one thread where the poster said these tunes are the best or one of the best available. Easily top three or five, no question about it. At that point they are all very close in performance, so choose based on reliability, price and customer service.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I had them on my first 2011 truck when MPT first released their tunes. There were definitely issues here and there with them, but Mike and the guys there were very quick to take my questions and suggestions and make whatever changes that I wanted or requested. There were still a few things I didn't like about the trucks manners under normal driving, but overall they were very good.

I bought my 2013 in August of last year and at first was plenty happy with it but after hearing about some of the results MPT was having a long with following their shop truck on their Facebook page, I decided to look into it a bit more. In the two years since the initial tune I bought, I had read extensively about the big strides being made with tuning and especially with them. I took the plunge a few months ago and LOVE it.

The truck is exactly what it should be to me. It now has and is the equivalent of what i think the truck should be from the factory. Amazing response of the throttle at any RPM or gear range. The manners and how it responds and drives on a daily basis are light years better than it was a few years ago.

I was going back and forth in emails this last week with Mike and was getting some things set up to do some logging so they can verify that everything is working just as it should on my truck and he asked me to wait until this weekend to do it. Friday night at 11:30pm he emails me all of the instructions for logging and parameters and all that along with their latest tune that they have released absolutely free of charge. I haven't installed it or logged yet, but that is some wonderful customer service.

When it comes to vehicles, I like to say that a salesman sells you a car and a service department and the service after the sale makes you a repeat customer. Same applies here. The website and sales reps can sell you those tunes all day long. The service after the fact and the responsiveness and little perks with the free updates and all that is what makes you feel more comfortable and feel that you got your money's worth.

Bottom line MPT is awesome
Old 03-16-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

No complaints about Mike, he actually emailed me to send my logs which is a first from anyone. I thought that I had done it already but when I checked my email I had only made it to attaching the logs and not sending. Tune is strong, he's been working hard on this and its obvious with the improvements he's made
Old 03-16-2014, 01:55 PM

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Jeepers you guys, I still haven't loaded mine been busy getting by spring tire sale going. Was going to do it this morning, but got tied up with paper work. Hopefully next week end.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM
F150 Forum

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

I have had 2 tunes from him, first was aggressive on pedal feel but it was the race version, I now have a less aggressive throttle and it has great MPG as well as great power.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:08 AM

Received 174 Likes on 69 Posts

I ordered 91 perf/street and 93 perf/street. They sent me an email and sent me the 91 perf/race and 93 perf/race for free also. Can't beat that!! Haven't had a chance to try them out yet though. Tank of 87 just won't seem to disappear.

Quick Reply: First impression on MPT for the ecoboost