Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

First!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First!

5.0 V8, love it! Still waiting on my AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry S intake to come in.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Obvious Troll

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have nothing to add. I just want to be in on the ground floor of this sub-forum.
Keep us posted on the intake.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

glad you like it! I loved it when i test drove it too
Old 02-24-2011, 11:10 PM

I picked up my 2011 screw 5.0 last week, love that 5.0 sound.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:37 AM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamebluescrew
I picked up my 2011 screw 5.0 last week, love that 5.0 sound.
Yep, she sure does sound nice. My neighbor was walking his dog last night and when he saw me he had to comment on how my truck sounded. I did however put in a K&N Air Filter so she sounds more throaty....
Old 03-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brutus Jr.
I have nothing to add. I just want to be in on the ground floor of this sub-forum.
Keep us posted on the intake.
Just got word the intake is on back order till the 16th of March, thanks AFE!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicktenn, try http://www.5startuning.com/NewStore/index.html. I have their X3 turner and its awesome. felt a good difference in hp. They also have the intake!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicktenn
5.0 V8, love it! Still waiting on my AFE Stage 2 Pro Dry S intake to come in.
So Nicktenn, you were the first. How about an update on how you like your 5.0! Good and bad please.

Last edited by Warlock1; 12-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Don't spreadsheet this..

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I am glad you are liking your truck. My first experience with the 2011 F150s was an eye opener for me. The build quality and refinement of these trucks are amazing.

I was dead set on an ecoboost, but told myself that I had to drive both the v8 and the EB, as I was looking for a long term vehicle and wanted to make the right decision. I decided to drive the ecoboost 1st. It was amazing. The turbos, the torque, the quiet cabin (I don't like noise when driving), they were all amazing. Then I drove a 5.0. I thought that it felt a bit lethargic compared to the EB. I wasn't impressed. My identical test drive on my "test drive circuit" rendered identical MPGs, so I knew it was going to come down to which one I liked better.

I took a couple months off from the truck search, then decided to do another back to back. I drove the V8 first, then the EB, then the V8 again. Same MPGs on my test routes. This time, however, the V8 that I drove didn't feel so sluggish. At this point, I had really started to fall in love with the throaty sound of the V8 when you opened the throttle. The nice part is, that normal driving yields just as quiet an environment as the EB.

I waited another month to let my thoughts catch up with me. Then I decided to order the V8 and don't regret it for one second. I love it, and I'm glad that others are loving their V8s.

Sorry for the long thread, just thought that my experience was relevant to this thread.

Cheers
Old 12-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Warlock1
So Nicktenn, you were the first. How about and update on how you like your 5.0! Good and bad please.
So far so good! I had the AFE on for maybe a day and determined the terrible resonance through the cab was too much for me, so I sold it on eBay. Later I found out that 5 Star tuning had developed a lid that would have reduced the sounds I was hearing, but oh well. I've kept mine basically stock, but I'm now in the hunt for a new exhaust. I'm currently leaning towards MBRP duals out the sides. Still waiting to hear a couple more vids though.

I've got about 13,2XX miles on it and havn't had any mechanical issues at all.

The only issues I've had at all are with the back up camera in the rearview mirror. It goes out from time to time when i remote start, and sometimes the back up lines dissapear and I have to re-engauge them in the menu, not a big deal.

Still love the truck!