Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

F150 5.0 Exhaust-Need Help To Pick One

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question F150 5.0 Exhaust-Need Help To Pick One

I know there is tons of topics on exhaust but I can't seem to find one for the new 5.0 engine.I have been searching around on the Internet trying to find a new exhaust kit that gives me hp and saves gas but also sound risky and loud but not over the extreme with the drone.

I found out Heartthrob has a 4 inch cat-back exhaust that probably sounds good and flows like mad. Also heard about Roush 3 inch cat-back that I know sounds loud but also looks nicer. Then there is flowmaster and the other exhaust. Why is it so hard to pick out a exhaust.

If you could give me a clip of the heartthrob and what it sounds like or some suggestion please leave it down below. But no magnaflow or Bora(too much money). I have a max of $700 on exhaust .
The following users liked this post:
tapko (08-15-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 01:08 PM
THUNDER UP!

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

$700 can get you Magnaflow or Borla all day.

Hell, I only spent $85 on my brand new MBRP muffler and $75 at the muffler shop and it sounds perfect. So deep with a nice rumble while stile maintaing no drone or unwanted attention.

If I wanted to drop more money on a cat-back like you are wanting to do, I'd go with the Roush cat back.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent 326 for my flowmaster single dual out with chrome tips. Save the money and spend it on something else like tint,bugscreen,and oil seperator. Just my 2cents.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM
5.0 Powaaa

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just installed my roush exhaust last week.. love it! Order it through Tasca here (one of this sites vendors) and it only was $490!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgut12
Just installed my roush exhaust last week.. love it! Order it through Tasca here (one of this sites vendors) and it only was $490!
I'm about to pick it up myself but I have a raspy exhaust phobia. Any rasp on the Roush? In the one video on their site I can't really hear any but sound clips are generally poor.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:15 PM
FX4

Received 51 Likes on 21 Posts

Im running no resonator 3 inch back to a magnaflow muffler with a 4 inch tip, sounds amazing. just got it done at a local shop and cost me 240 bucks. couldn't be happier
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_N
I'm about to pick it up myself but I have a raspy exhaust phobia. Any rasp on the Roush? In the one video on their site I can't really hear any but sound clips are generally poor.
My neighbor had a new RS3 at her house Monday, I dont know who the guy was but I waited outside until he left so I could hear it start up. My truck has the exact same gurgle that it did only way louder....sure its an entirely different system and I dont have a SC but you could tell it was a Roush. I had a biker on my way to work today give me a thumbs up and said "yep, sounds good!"
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by CLABRO
$700 can get you Magnaflow or Borla all day.

Hell, I only spent $85 on my brand new MBRP muffler and $75 at the muffler shop and it sounds perfect. So deep with a nice rumble while stile maintaing no drone or unwanted attention.

If I wanted to drop more money on a cat-back like you are wanting to do, I'd go with the Roush cat back.
Wow really? In Canada here it allot and i was considering to get a local muffler shop to do it like you have but the muffler shops here are expensive as buying the exhaust kit and doing it at home. Dumb Canadian Dollars
Old 05-30-2012, 09:17 PM

Question

Originally Posted by B.Roid
My neighbor had a new RS3 at her house Monday, I dont know who the guy was but I waited outside until he left so I could hear it start up. My truck has the exact same gurgle that it did only way louder....sure its an entirely different system and I dont have a SC but you could tell it was a Roush. I had a biker on my way to work today give me a thumbs up and said "yep, sounds good!"
Can you feel the power difference when you put that exhaust on?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

Buy an Aero 3030 or 3030xl and replace the stock muffler. I haven't heard a 5.0 with one but I've had them on various vehicles and I've always gotten compliments.

Quick Reply: F150 5.0 Exhaust-Need Help To Pick One