Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

EcoBoost - Slight Ticking at Idle + Chrome Package Mudflap Info

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default EcoBoost - Slight Ticking at Idle + Chrome Package Mudflap Info

Got my Eco Screw Lariat yesterday. Ordered 3/1/11 and delivered on 4/5/11. Tuxedo Black, Adobe interior, chrome package, plus package, sunroof, nav, chrome 20's, etc.

Two things...the Eco has a ticking noise at idle. I checked the left wheelwell, right wheelwell and the the grill. Same noise all the way around. I can guess, but does a tech or Eco owner know if this is normal? Please advise.

Also, I have to give credit to the Ford engineers about an issue with front splash guards on a Lariat with the Chrome Package. I bought Weathertech flaps all around, but when I went to install them the front edge of the running boards encroached on the rear edge of the flaps. They could not be installed. Called Weathertech and they were clueless.

I got pissed and decided I would crawl under and redrill the running boards to move them back. Guess what?

Ford designed the Chrome Package running boards with longitudinal channels on the boards so you can slide them forward and aft. Simple, but I have to applaud this extra thought and expense.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 PM

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

The ticking thing has been asked and answered many times on here. It's the injectors, being direct injected they are loud. Interesting about the running boards though, I'm goin to check mine out now.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for copying everyone else's homework, but that's how I graduated from Maryland!

Running board info counts as the Masters I never got.

Quick Reply: EcoBoost - Slight Ticking at Idle + Chrome Package Mudflap Info