Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

ECOBOOST Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECOBOOST Question

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. I actually just traded in my 2010 Ram (With a hemi) on a 2011 4X4 Ecoboost. I'm pleased so far. My only question is that I noticed that there is no PIS gauge on the dash for the turbos, so how much PSI are these things pushing out? This truck came with a leveling kit and upgraded BFG all terrains from the dealership, any suggestions for potential mods? I've literally had this thing for less than 24 hours. From the quick browsing that I've done it looks like the Ecoboost may be one of those engines that modding may be a bad idea due to warranty issues, and I'm cool with that. But any input would be great. Thanks for reading, and I'm happy to be a ford owner now!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No boost gauge

You have to either get an aftermarket gauge or read it off the OBDII port.

I did the later and use the Torque app for my Android and a Bluetooth OBDII dongle I bought off eBay for $25.

I get about 14-15 PSI of boost.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

The warranty issues aren't any different from any other vehicle sold.

As for boost, it peaks at 15-16 but then ramps down to 9 at redline. This is at least part of the reason it makes 55 ft-lb of torque more than the car version but the same hp.

Quick Reply: ECOBOOST Question