Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

EcoBoost power loss follow up

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Union Carpenter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EcoBoost power loss follow up

I put up a post yesterday about my EcoBoost loosing power when I put the pedal to the metal during passing. I experienced a stalling sensation, loss of power, and finally the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer today, and they are replacing all three of the injectors on the left side of the engine. These were causing misfires, and thus the problem. Thought you'd like to know...
Old 09-26-2011, 07:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steppenwolfe
I put up a post yesterday about my EcoBoost loosing power when I put the pedal to the metal during passing. I experienced a stalling sensation, loss of power, and finally the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealer today, and they are replacing all three of the injectors on the left side of the engine. These were causing misfires, and thus the problem. Thought you'd like to know...
There seems to be a handful of people having this problem, yours and another one confirmed being an injector problem. If you don't mind me asking what is your build date? Perhaps another batch of defective parts similar to the pump in the transmission.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

There will definitely be bugs with the DI fuel system which will get worked out eventually.

Quick Reply: EcoBoost power loss follow up