Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ecoboost not recgonizing what gear it is in

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecoboost not recgonizing what gear it is in

I was at silverlake sand dunes and after taking my truck around and toying with it a few times that day and making sure I didnt over heat It started to just die it didn't stall just had no throttle response and you had to let off the gas pedal to get it to go again but by then lost to much momentum to make it up and had to back down but only with the same thing to happen after that I parked my truck and when I came back to leave it wouldn't start I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and it started but wouldn't come out of park and the P wasnt lit up like it didnt know what gear it was in finally I don't know what I did but it let me put it in drive I made it out but on the 3 hour drive home the light that said what gear it was in flashed between Every thing and it would drop to neutral then the light would go out an the truck was stuck in 3rd gear the whole way home so I was cruising it at 70-75, 4500rpm it took the dealer 1 month to get it back and when I picked it up made it a mile on the freeway and it was doin exactly what I took it in for they said it was the PCM then they told me it was the wire goin from the PCM to the trans but I've had my truck act up a few time doing other things than that but I wanted to know what problems everyone else has had espicLly this one because I have yet to hear anyone else to have had this problem
Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 PM

OK, no punctuation, no real grammar, not really clear. You're having trouble with something on the truck, right?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:47 AM

Yea I did have a problem it's been fixed now but I wanted to know if anyone else has had somethin similar to this.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM
FX4 SCrew TT'd V6

Received 125 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by motofreak459
Yea I did have a problem it's been fixed now but I wanted to know if anyone else has had somethin similar to this.
What was the problem? Did they steal all of the question marks, period, and the "enter" button?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 AM

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

If you aren't willing to form coherent thoughts and at least attempt to use correct punctuation and grammar, then we probably aren't willing to put much effort in to answering you.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by spdmpo
If you aren't willing to form coherent thoughts and at least attempt to use correct punctuation and grammar, then we probably aren't willing to put much effort in to answering you.
^^ what he said.

Holy Crap! That was the hardest thing I ever read- have no clue what you're asking. OMG

Last edited by justjimmy; 12-02-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

I've never seen so many people care so much about grammar. At least offer the guy some opinion after blasting him. I've never heard of this issue. I have noticed that when the gear indicator is on while cruising in 6th, the trans "shifts" but the indicator doesn't move from 6th. I assumed this feeling of a shift was the converter locking or unlocking.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Joewee3.5
I've never seen so many people care so much about grammar. At least offer the guy some opinion after blasting him. I've never heard of this issue. I have noticed that when the gear indicator is on while cruising in 6th, the trans "shifts" but the indicator doesn't move from 6th. I assumed this feeling of a shift was the converter locking or unlocking.
It's not about grammar. The thing is unreadable. I just stopped 3 lines in.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

There is a difference between having some spelling errors, forgetting punctuation a time or two; and throwing everything you learned in the 2nd grade out the window and expecting the rest of society to decode your babbling. This is about plain old simple communication...

You and he will have to forgive the rest of us for requiring basic skills in that area if you ask for help.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct sir, to the OP, I have never heard of this issue either, sorry you are the first...

Quick Reply: Ecoboost not recgonizing what gear it is in