Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Ecoboost Heartthrob exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Race Red '12 XLT SCrew EB

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ecoboost Heartthrob exhaust?

Where is a reliable and low cost place to buy a Heartthrob exhaust system for the Ecoboost? Many thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only place I have seen the 4" kit for sale is directly from Heartthrob or on www.mufflermonster.com which I believe is their retail website.

I wonder if it would be worthwhile asking the guys at Heartthrob if they would give the forum members a group purchase.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just which it didnt look so cheaply made and maybe had more options as far as how it exits in the back it looks to stock in my opinion
Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 PM

I'm just going to add a double wall 5" tip to make it look better. It's an easy fix.

The other exhaust I like is the Aero Turbine 3030XL but you don't get the Turbo whine the Heartthrob provides. Probably because it is 3" system.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by kk_kalina
i just which it didnt look so cheaply made and maybe had more options as far as how it exits in the back it looks to stock in my opinion
Well thank you for your opinion but I don't care what you think it looks like. do you know where it can be purchased reliably without breaking the bank?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:15 PM

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts

I have the 3030xl in stock location and I wouldn't want it any louder. A few years ago I would have removed the resonator and made it a little louder but I'm happy with it the way it is. One thing to mention is that it gets a bit louder after a few thousand miles.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread..... I was thinking the Aero Turbine may be a cheaper alternative.

I'll email Heartthrob tomorrow to see if they will do something for us on a group buy.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 PM

I just ordered it from autoanything.com with free shipping and a 10% off code. $428-ish to my door.

I contacted my locat dealer before hand to quiz the seervice manager about the possibility of warranty cancellation. He said a cat-back exhuast with no alterations to the cats themselves should be fine. He stated that a tuner on the Ecoboost would likely void the warranty. Although they have a request in to Ford to see if the governor could be increased for Police vehicles(maybe responsible drivers too?). He also warned against after market intakes because of larger particulates that could get past and damage the Turbos. He also stated that the Tuner/Exhaust/Intake has to be proven to be the cause of the failure but you run higher risks of failures with the intake or tuner.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by EBinMT
I just ordered it from autoanything.com with free shipping and a 10% off code. $428-ish to my door.
Maybe I misunderstood, were you looking for the 4" cat back single from Heartthrob? That is the one Heartthrob has posted on YouTube doing the dyno testing. I ask this because I am unable to locate the 4" single on auto anything.com
Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Strike that... I'm an idiot... I found the 4".

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Heartthrob exhaust?