Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2009 - Present Ford F150 > 2011+ Engine Related Questions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #521
better looking than geno
 
CoreyMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 270 Times in 169 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I've got to run them some more to tell but the other day I swapped to the new motorcraft sp-534. It's the new plugs they are putting in the 2013's. They all came gapped at .30

I had no reason other than to tinker but I tell ya it feels a little smoother. Probably just mental.
CoreyMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #522
Senior Member
 
maplelakeduckslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albertville, MN
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 123 Times in 77 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Hard to say...I'm still in cool temps and Winter gas but believe mine may be a little better at high speeds...it was never terrible at slower speeds before, 22-23 mpg if you keep it 60-65 mpg on flat roads.

I am still having trouble with a feeling of a lack of power mid range. The RPM's will sometimes "stall" at a certain point and even drop down during acceleration. Feels like it downshifts but it doesn't its weird, the RPM's just drop by like 300-400 at certain points.

Truck was great for a few days after the plug change...then seemed to go bad again. Maybe try putting the '13 plugs in?
__________________
2011 F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab FX4, black, 6.5 ft box, max tow, Luxury Package
maplelakeduckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #523
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyMS View Post
I've got to run them some more to tell but the other day I swapped to the new motorcraft sp-534. It's the new plugs they are putting in the 2013's. They all came gapped at .30

I had no reason other than to tinker but I tell ya it feels a little smoother. Probably just mental.
Funny you bring this up,i don't think it's mental at all here's why.I had a 2011 F-150 with EcoBoost.On April 1st i got a 2013 F-150 with EcoBoost and it for sure idles and runs smoother then the 2011.My buddy rode in the truck 2 times now and he also said it feels smoother then the 2011.

Later Mark
Mark Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 AM   #524
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller View Post
Funny you bring this up,i don't think it's mental at all here's why.I had a 2011 F-150 with EcoBoost.On April 1st i got a 2013 F-150 with EcoBoost and it for sure idles and runs smoother then the 2011.My buddy rode in the truck 2 times now and he also said it feels smoother then the 2011.

Later Mark
FWIW,The new trucks build date was 3/2013.

Later Mark.
Mark Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #525
better looking than geno
 
CoreyMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 270 Times in 169 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I did comment to myself that it was idling quite smooth late last night going to work.
CoreyMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #526
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Did anyone have the boot come off the end of there coil when you pulled it out? The drivers side front boot came off of mine. It took me an hour to dig it out. Needless to say it is ruined and the dealer won't have one till tomorrow.

The passenger side plugs were gapped at .034 so I took them down to .030. I'm not going to do the other two on the drivers side. Those coils were a bear to get off.

Jeff
__________________
2012 F150 Lariat Screw 4x4, 6.5' bed,Two tone Bronze & Tan, Ecoboost, Max tow, 3.73ELD, Nav, Lariat plus, Bucket seats, 20" 6 spoke wheels
jknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #527
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 51 Times in 33 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

The first time you remove them, they seem glued on. They will be easier if you do it again.
Heishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #528
Senior Member
 
MadocHandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madoc, Ontario
Posts: 2,300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 266 Times in 182 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight View Post
Did anyone have the boot come off the end of there coil when you pulled it out? The drivers side front boot came off of mine. It took me an hour to dig it out. Needless to say it is ruined and the dealer won't have one till tomorrow.

The passenger side plugs were gapped at .034 so I took them down to .030. I'm not going to do the other two on the drivers side. Those coils were a bear to get off.

Jeff
Mine came off fine the first time
__________________
MadocHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #529
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

So has anyone else swapped to the sp-534? I wonder if it's worth it.
Chaddafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #530
better looking than geno
 
CoreyMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 1,377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 270 Times in 169 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I did and seems smoother. Some more miles and I can say more.
CoreyMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.