Eco spark plug gap - Page 47 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Eco spark plug gap

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #461
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
Deerhunter4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 778
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports View Post
From what I've seen on the forums, it's been all years. MOST are ok but those that are wrong, seem to have a couple plugs be REALLY gapped wrong.
Also a lot of cracked insulators.
Deerhunter4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #462
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
superccs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 962
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

To those of you that found wild gaps or discussing looking plugs, have you noticed any extras mpgs?
superccs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #463
Senior Member
 
BoostedFx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 436
Thanked 68 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superccs View Post
To those of you that found wild gaps or discussing looking plugs, have you noticed any extras mpgs?
No. Only runs smoother and idles better.
BoostedFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #464
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
MadocHandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madoc, Ontario
Posts: 2,361
Thanked 277 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superccs View Post
To those of you that found wild gaps or discussing looking plugs, have you noticed any extras mpgs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedFx View Post

No. Only runs smoother and idles better.
Same here. No mpg difference that I noticed. I drive different routes every day though, so it makes even harder to gauge a difference. Just seems to be a little more responsive, smoother idle and settled the shudder/misfire some.
MadocHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #465
Vandal932
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Trenton, Ontario
Posts: 22
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Major MPG improvements on my side. In the 2 years i have had the truck i was not even close to being able to get the MPG's i get now. My gapping was out to lunch they were all at 0.044 and up. I get very good MPG now and i am not even trying. Anyways, now i am thinking i do not want to get the new CAC TSB because i am reading horror stories on it and i finally got the truck running perfectly, i love it now. I wonder if they could just change the CAC and not do the reprogram of the ECU. I will ask the dealer if it is possible.
vandal932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #466
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
MadocHandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madoc, Ontario
Posts: 2,361
Thanked 277 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal932 View Post
Major MPG improvements on my side. In the 2 years i have had the truck i was not even close to being able to get the MPG's i get now. My gapping was out to lunch they were all at 0.044 and up. I get very good MPG now and i am not even trying. Anyways, now i am thinking i do not want to get the new CAC TSB because i am reading horror stories on it and i finally got the truck running perfectly, i love it now. I wonder if they could just change the CAC and not do the reprogram of the ECU. I will ask the dealer if it is possible.
What horror stories? I know some had reported slightly less power feeling but it came back for many. Many of us seemed to have better response and power after the TSB.
I really think it's all in how you drive. The computer adjusts to your habits. I can drive aggressively and have great response but if I drive moderately for a while it seems sluggish.
Maybe it's just me?
MadocHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #467
Better OUT then IN
5 Year Member
 
justjimmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale area)
Posts: 3,333
Thanked 240 Times in 195 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadocHandyman View Post

What horror stories? I know some had reported slightly less power feeling but it came back for many. Many of us seemed to have better response and power after the TSB.
I really think it's all in how you drive. The computer adjusts to your habits. I can drive aggressively and have great response but if I drive moderately for a while it seems sluggish.
Maybe it's just me?
It was a dark and stormy night...
justjimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #468
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 73
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I just turned over 15,000 and got a chance to checked my plugs today. I was surprised that every single one of them were gapped at 0.32. Took some relief off because of reading all the threads on spark plug issues.
BlueFX421903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #469
Keepin' the lights on!
 
Watt-maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BFE, NM
Posts: 1,756
Thanked 210 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal932 View Post
Major MPG improvements on my side. In the 2 years i have had the truck i was not even close to being able to get the MPG's i get now. My gapping was out to lunch they were all at 0.044 and up. I get very good MPG now and i am not even trying. Anyways, now i am thinking i do not want to get the new CAC TSB because i am reading horror stories on it and i finally got the truck running perfectly, i love it now. I wonder if they could just change the CAC and not do the reprogram of the ECU. I will ask the dealer if it is possible.
Just buy the Full-Race IC. You know you want to!
Watt-maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #470
Senior Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
 
MadocHandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Madoc, Ontario
Posts: 2,361
Thanked 277 Times in 193 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjimmy View Post

It was a dark and stormy night...
And my truck started shuddering so I pulled into the driveway of an old creepy house.
MadocHandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Me On Eco Mods KOZ45 General F150 Discussion 7 09-19-2015 09:43 PM
Removing driver side head. What all do I need? slackattack 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 6 09-14-2015 07:43 PM
5.0L spark plug issues? Musky08 Maintenance Shop 0 09-14-2015 10:46 AM
Did a Tune Up WOW! LEBScrew13 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 18 09-04-2015 05:56 PM
2000 f150 4.6 v8 wdrdoctor Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation 10 09-04-2015 01:50 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com