Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon

Well I know a lot of people heard about the horrible ice and snow storms that pounded texas and oklahoma a week ago unfortunatlely my poor truck was a victim of the storms. I'm a hospice nurse and have to travel to see pt's and I was on call the night right when the storms hit and I had to see a patient around midnight and I barely made it home when I spun out on the highway going 30mph. Luckily I didnt hit anyone or the center cement barrier... But as I as I was attempting to get my truck out of the ice on the left shoulder I saw an old school steel van coming at me at about 50-60mph swerving and I knew he wasnt going to stop so I jumped out of my truck and ran down the highway as he plowed into my truck... Luckily he did'nt straight t-bone me and he only clipped my back and front end but he racked up over $13,000 in body damage to my truck and luckily he didnt hurt my engine but my exhaust is done for. And the only reason it wasnt totaled was because of all my engine upgrades. But I guess the silver lining out of the deal is that I get to chose what parts I put back on the truck so I'm going to go with a new cowl hood, street scenes front bumper, XLT grill and maybe some OEM HID headlights depending on how much money the insurance gives me to fix the truck. Here's some pics of how she sits right now and the body shop are ordering all my new parts on monday so hopefully I should get her back in about 2 weeks and I got a nice little package in the mail a few days ago from Calvert Racing in California. Ill keep you guys updated.
Attached Thumbnails Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-photo-8-.jpg  
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
fringe_remnant (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 07:19 AM

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok man!!! Hope u get her back up and looking good soon.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:16 AM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

That must have been freaking scary! Glad you got away from the truck before the impact. It does not look like a lot of damage at all given the other vehicle was a big van doing 50!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:28 AM

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

That sucks! Sorry for your inconvenience without being with your truck.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:02 AM

Thanks guys, and ya it sucks going from your nice F150 to a dodge avenger , lol, but hey im just thankful to have a car to drive. This thread is going to serve as my build thread for the second phase of my truck, since I joined the forum after I put all the previous mods on.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM

Well almost 3 months later I finally got some decent clean pics of the truck. Took the body shop a little over two months for all the repairs but I was very lucky in that that all the damage was all body, no engine or structural damage occured . Since then I put a truxedo low pro QT cover on the back and I also have a Trutrac Diff thats getting put in next week, installing my MAK Y pipe this week and then getting the truck retuned on the 25th. But I also picked up another toy as well last week, a suzuki samurai. I mainly got it to tinker with in the garage but it runs so well that Im going to be using it as my daily so I can modify my truck a little more and not have to worry about another accident in bad weather and damage from road time. Also now that I have a DD im going to finally break down and change the oil pump out put bigger fuel injectors in along with a 72mm pulley for some more HP and start a little bit of weight reduction here and there. Ill post up updates as they come along.
Attached Thumbnails Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-image-12-.jpg   Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-image-13-.jpg   Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-image-14-.jpg   Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-image-15-.jpg   Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon-image-16-.jpg  

Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the look of your truck! I just don't think I could ever go that low since I use my truck for work. Your new mods ought to make it scoot pretty good.

Nice looking Suzuki too. I have been thinking about getting a side by side, but those Suzukis are about the same size, half the cost, street legal and more potential. Found quite a few nice ones, but just have not pulled the trigger.

Quick Reply: Down but not out, V2.0 coming soon