Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Don't Forget MorePowerTuning for your EcoBoost SCT Tuner! Free Custom Tunes!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Default Don't Forget MorePowerTuning for your EcoBoost SCT Tuner! Free Custom Tunes!

They are a sponsor here now and I just wanted to share my recent pleasant experience with Mike over there at MPT.

I noted that he was posting in some of the SCT problems threads for people getting the "ECU Unsupported" problems and has actually fixed some of those for free, even though the tuners were bought from someone else. Excellent support there! Mike also used to tune for SCT and their programmers so he knows the in's and out's better than most.

I PM'd him yesterday asking about his options for me and the SCT Tuner. He sells the SCT 3015 tuner with the canned tunes PLUS 3 custom tunes for only about $30 more than most sell ONLY the tuner for (PM him for the forum discount). Yes that's 3 canned tunes and 3 custom tunes for barely more than most charge for just the 3 canned. He had answered my PM's within 10 minutes and I ordered it from him.

Furthermore within 10 minutes of ordering, I not only had a tracking number for the tuner, but also was able to add a T-shirt to it after the fact without issue. Amazing service!

I will only have the 3 canned tunes first and have to email him the form they need to do the custom tunes after, but this comes in a huge convenience for me as I use 89 octane (midgrade here in TX) and would love to have this 89 tune as well as a performance for 93 and a economy for 87.

I will update this thread when I get the tuner and am able to review not only the canned but the difference between the canned and his as well. Thank you again Mike for your help and your support for us EB owners the F150 Forum as well
The following users liked this post:
MorePowerTuning (08-03-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Reviews would be very helpful! Thanks for bringing this up.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Have any of these tunes/tuner packages resulted in better MPG?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Update: Tuner made it from Florida to Austin TX in 2 days via USPS and I got it today with the canned tunes on it. I was one of the lucky ones that got the "ECU Unsupported Message". I called MPT and Paul and Mike both had me up and running in a matter of 10 minutes and I was able to get the 87 performance canned tuned on there very easily.

Every installed perfectly and there is already a VERY noticeable increase in power. I am going to run this tank out and try the 93 canned performance. The three custom tunes I plan on getting are:

1. 87 Economy/Tow tune if possible
2. 89 Performance Tune (89 is midgrade here in TX)
3. 93 Performance Tune

I plan on submitting that to MPT here shortly and will probably be mid next week or later before I get those. I will update again then, but again, I already notice a VERY nice difference in power on just the 87 performance tune.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Inebriated 4 ur safety

Received 894 Likes on 483 Posts

No more tuners named Mike. Ya'll are all going to get me confused!!

Last edited by Al Kohalic; 08-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.
MorePowerTuning (08-04-2012)
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 PM
F150 Forum

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by TJFX2EB
Update: Tuner made it from Florida to Austin TX in 2 days via USPS and I got it today with the canned tunes on it. I was one of the lucky ones that got the "ECU Unsupported Message". I called MPT and Paul and Mike both had me up and running in a matter of 10 minutes and I was able to get the 87 performance canned tuned on there very easily.

Every installed perfectly and there is already a VERY noticeable increase in power. I am going to run this tank out and try the 93 canned performance. The three custom tunes I plan on getting are:

1. 87 Economy/Tow tune if possible
2. 89 Performance Tune (89 is midgrade here in TX)
3. 93 Performance Tune

I plan on submitting that to MPT here shortly and will probably be mid next week or later before I get those. I will update again then, but again, I already notice a VERY nice difference in power on just the 87 performance tune.
I haven't seen your Custom Tune form yet, did you submit it?
-Mike
Old 08-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@MPT
I haven't seen your Custom Tune form yet, did you submit it?
-Mike
Just now got around to it, busy weekend

Thanks Mike!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by Al Kohalic
No more tuners named Mike. Ya'll are all going to get me confused!!
I know Mike at 5 star personally and I can say that no matter which Mike you pick, Mike @ 5 Star or Mike @ MPT (me) you are going to be happy with your purchase. I have nothing but good things to say about 5 Star.

Stick with a Mike and you are good to go. ;-)
The following 3 users liked this post by MorePowerTuning:
boosted150 (08-07-2012), clubsfit (08-06-2012), tazzracing1 (12-23-2013)
Old 08-06-2012, 09:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@MPT
I know Mike at 5 star personally and I can say that no matter which Mike you pick, Mike @ 5 Star or Mike @ MPT (me) you are going to be happy with your purchase. I have nothing but good things to say about 5 Star.

Stick with a Mike and you are good to go. ;-)
I can now personally vouch for both Mikes!! 5 star, best tow tune known to man, and I now have the most absolutely STUPID crazy tune I have every driven in any of my vehicles with MPT 93 tune! If there is a faster tune out there right now, I don't even want it! I can break my 33's loose at almost any amount of throttle without even trying. Also, it shifts, and downshifts so fast at any throttle position it is actually laughable. I had 2 of my buddies who have both driven my truck in various stages of the build ie: SC, SCT, 5star, Innovative, and now MPT, and I said nothing but told them to take it out for a spin and let me know their thoughts. They both came back dropped the keys in front of me and just started shaking their heads in disbelief!! The biggest thing with this tune is, you can drive like a human, and it feels like full throttle in the others. To stop any brain damage, this is not to bash anyone's tunes, but if someone wants an EXTREME every day driver this is it by far!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
F150 Forum

Originally Posted by clubsfit
I can now personally vouch for both Mikes!! 5 star, best tow tune known to man, and I now have the most absolutely STUPID crazy tune I have every driven in any of my vehicles with MPT 93 tune! If there is a faster tune out there right now, I don't even want it! I can break my 33's loose at almost any amount of throttle without even trying. Also, it shifts, and downshifts so fast at any throttle position it is actually laughable. I had 2 of my buddies who have both driven my truck in various stages of the build ie: SC, SCT, 5star, Innovative, and now MPT, and I said nothing but told them to take it out for a spin and let me know their thoughts. They both came back dropped the keys in front of me and just started shaking their heads in disbelief!! The biggest thing with this tune is, you can drive like a human, and it feels like full throttle in the others. To stop any brain damage, this is not to bash anyone's tunes, but if someone wants an EXTREME every day driver this is it by far!
Thanks for the great feedback, for others reading Clubsfit's tune was tailored based on the notes and preferences.

If I was creating this tune for someone new it would be closer to the 93 Performance Race tune.

Let me know how you feel about the tune after getting to know it with a few hundred miles and if you want anything updated just shoot me an email.
clubsfit (08-07-2012)

Quick Reply: Don't Forget MorePowerTuning for your EcoBoost SCT Tuner! Free Custom Tunes!