Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Did I kill my SCT?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Did I kill my SCT?

I plugged in to the device updater, it found an update so told it ok.

It got almost through the update and then gave an unsuccessful error.

Now when it's pugged in all the icons that were under the headings like "device info" are a solid black box.

I can bring up device info and get FW Version 1.2.147, FW type Ford, Tune Version N/A

I've tried to run the updater again but it can't find the device. The odd thing is that it will show up sometimes in the display settings tab, and show the serial # and EEC Type 59

It won't let me program the vehicle anymore now too. (I did flash to stock before trying the update)

Any help on this is much appreciated!!
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Try deleting the SCT Updated program and reinstalling it.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

If that doesn't work, email or call SCT. I had an issue with the programmer killing my battery and therefore stopping the install on my Mustang. I was in full panic mode because stopping the programmer while it's uploading can cause massive issues, not to mention you obviously have a dead car. I contacted SCT and they walked me through how to clean it all up, and also sent me some diagnostic software to help them figure out why that particular car/tuner combo was killing batteries.
It's a great group of people at SCT.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 PM

Thanks guys, I'm in the middle of trying a reinstall of the updater now. Will report back shortly

Update: No dice. I can get it to show up in the display device settings tab, even the load custom tune file tab, but not the check for update tab. My guess is when it first attempted to update it didn't get all the files needed so now she's left in in limbo. I'll call SCT monday, was hoping to not have to drive all weekend on a stock tune

Last edited by Bender; 12-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 AM

And just as FYI as well, SCT releases updates ALL the time, long as you have your tunes loading fine on the truck, you don't need to update the tuner each time they release an update. 99% of the time, updates from SCT are for tune revisions that will not affect your particular engine as the preloads from SCT contain some 2600 maps, only three of which are you using.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
And just as FYI as well, SCT releases updates ALL the time, long as you have your tunes loading fine on the truck, you don't need to update the tuner each time they release an update. 99% of the time, updates from SCT are for tune revisions that will not affect your particular engine as the preloads from SCT contain some 2600 maps, only three of which are you using.
Yeah I had a feeling I should've left it the way it was. The only reason I saw the update is I went to put in some updated custom maps for tire size, and the rest is history.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM

Eh, live and learn, you aren't the first and sure won't be the last.

We should be able to get you up and running one way or another. Worse case scenario, you have to call SCT Monday morning and they remote into your PC and fix it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 AM

^ Yeah, I'm thinking that will be the answer. When hooked to the truck it comes up with error 1002 can't open file, please update with latest tune revision. Also says 1009 no tune changes written.

At least this isn't the worst mistake I've made
Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Yes, based on that description, sounds like it got hung up in middle of the update. SCT should be able to remote into your PC ( so have the tuner on hand and at your PC when you call ) and reset the device so the updater works and be good to go.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

The last update I did wiped out my custom 5 star tunes. Gave me an error when trying to load a custom tune on the truck. However I had them saved on the computer and just reloaded them into the tuner.

Also I cant get the speedo to compensate for the 33" tires on the canned tunes. 5 star modified the custom tunes and are correct. However adjusting the "revs per mile" parameter doesnt change the speedo on the canned tunes. 3 calls to sct and still no change in speedo. I suspect either they have a problem that hasnt been caught yet or my tuner is bad. I was hoping someone could check their canned tunes and see if the parameter works and verify with GPS.

Quick Reply: Did I kill my SCT?