Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Did I install my Catch Cans Correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 11:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Did I install my Catch Cans Correctly?

Hi all,

I bought a set of used UPR catch cans that came with the fancy braided lines and gold fittings. They're in awesome shape. The install was pretty straightforward, but I want to make sure I didn't mess anything up. Driver side looks fine, however, the the passenger side catch can didn't go exactly how the install video said it would. The air intake sensor wouldn't let me mount the can exactly where they said I should, so I moved it over to the next spacing. Also, my passenger side return line looks too snug against the engine cover for my liking. Does anyone else have this issue? I tried other ways, but there's only so much line.

Made sure my bolt didn't interfere with the fan..

The can would've interfered with my air sensor.

The return line interfering with the intake cover..
Old 03-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

So, after looking at this, it irked me enough to where I yanked off my engine cover and took the dremel to it to free up that little bit of wiggle room. I'm happier now.

Thoughts?

Old 03-07-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Prorider, get you some longer braided houses and mount the can in front of the radiator behind the grill. I was only catching a little oil in the location you have yours. Moved it to the front of the radiator(behind grill) and WOW I catch a lot more water and other contaminates! It stays cooler behind the grill and traps more water,oil, and fuel.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:14 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

prorider17 - So, after looking at this, it irked me enough to where I yanked off my engine cover and took the dremel to it to free up that little bit of wiggle room. I'm happier now.

Thoughts?

< pic' >
Erring on the side of precaution I would recommend ...
  • enlarging (and smoothing the edges of) the wiggle room.
  • add a section of loom on the hose where is passes under the cover to prevent possible chafing/cutting/etc..
  • do both.

Last edited by gDMJoe; 03-07-2015 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Did I install my Catch Cans Correctly?