Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Diablo sport tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Diablo sport tuner

Hi everyone I just installed 91 octane Diablo sport tuner flash to my 2014 F150 5.0 L. can't tell if it did anything or not but it also has adjustable parameters such as idle speed increase spark advance and other things I know nothing about. what are your experiences with this,should I just leave those parameters alone? I can't feel any performance gains. the reason I installed it was for some extra power when I'm hauling my TT around,any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
Old 10-20-2015, 06:27 PM

Received 196 Likes on 140 Posts

Leave those parameters alone. You are running 91 octane in the truck right? Try reloading tune. If none of that works...sell and get a custom tune with sct device
Old 10-20-2015, 06:41 PM

Yes I'm running 91 octane. I also switched back to stock mode and installed with 91 octane tune again. I can maybe feel a little bit more power but than again maybe not. I do notice a bit rougher idle.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:53 PM

Let it settle in for 200 miles and see, usually they will be better after a while. Did you do any research before you bought that tune?
Old 10-20-2015, 07:14 PM

It's a preloaded tune. I was told to go with the diablo or bully dog. Seeing as the bulldog was 300$$ more I chose the biablo.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:25 PM

Well see if it settles in. Not sure who gave you the advice but the bullydog is like the worst option for these trucks. Not many run the diablo either. There's tons of tuners that write tunes for sct devices...that's usually the go to for these trucks because then you have so many options.

There are a few tuners that write custom tunes for the diablo sport, so if that canned tune doesn't do it for you maybe explore that route
Old 10-20-2015, 08:08 PM

Sounds like a plan thanks for all your help and advice I appreciate it
Old 10-24-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had two Diablo tuners before and both had great canned tunes. Although both were for GM products, I never had any issues with either. The Diablo Predator tune, on my '05 GTO was never retuned for 8 years, and it ran like a raped ape. When I took it to be dyno tuned a couple of years after i loaded it, the tuner said that it was perfect. The only thing he could do was make it use more gas and squeeze 10 more HP out of it. The SCT tuner that I have for my "11 and '14 ECO is sitting in my garage. Three canned tunes and three custom tunes and they all have different degrees of bad tip-in, funky shifts, and use gas way beyond their performance value.... I bet you'll be happy with your Diablo. Let us know.... I might want one.
Old 10-25-2015, 12:56 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Had an 05 GTO with the Predator tune also. It was NOTICEABLY more powerful on the butt dyno than the 30 hp that was advertised. I really miss that car.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:31 AM

That sounds great. I'll let you guys know how it goes ..... When I get my truck back from Ford. It's only got a cold air box, the resonator was taken off and muffler replaced with a magna flow
I installed the 91 octane tune it seemed to have Hugh ***** I'm trying to find out from Diablo what they figure the HP/TQ gains are. The idle at park was a little rough so I went back to adjust some of the priamiters 50rpm more at idle and some of the shift points. that's when everything fell apart I ended up with lots of warning symbols on the dash such as won't start,low oil pressure over temperature on engine and truck wouldn't start I then tried to revert back to stock to be able to start all over again. The tuner went into recovery mode we believe it reverted back to stock but the codes were still there and the truck would not start when I again try to reload the 91 octane boost the tuner would not hook up to the truck saying there was no ECM found I called tech-support at Diablo they went through a checklist and said they've never heard of this before. take the computer out of the truck and send it to them they would reflash it and send it back to me,that would take a week. truck is under warranty they also said Ford had no way of knowing that it was flashed previously so I chose to take it to ford. last I heard the mechanic had it on the computer and could not hook up their computers to the ECM that was Friday they were going to start working on it Monday again possibly reflash the computer and figure out why it's not hooking up. I talked to a Ford mechanic before doing the original tune he told me that they do have a way of finding out but would not void the warranty if they knew about it so I guess we'll find out on Monday

Quick Reply: Diablo sport tuner