Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Condensation issue - what does it feel like?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 177 Likes on 120 Posts
Default Condensation issue - what does it feel like?

Was getting on the highway just now (ok, 15 mins ago) and dropped the hammer to the floor. The revs shot up but I didn't go anywhere. No shudder or CEL, just the feeling like the transmission was "stuck" between gears. Let off the gas and it did something and tried again, same thing. Pulled off the road and got on it 1/2 way and I was able to get on the highway.

Still No CEL or wrench or anything on the dash. I tried nailing it from rolling starts and it's shifting perfectly.

Not sure if this is the condensation issue as it was perfectly smooth? Plan on getting to the dealer either this or next week as 60k is coming up a little too soon.

Nevemind - looks like it was/is the condensation issue - drove all day yesterday in the rain/snowy weather. Time to head to the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Condensation issue - what does it feel like?-screenshot_2015-03-02-15-35-56.jpg  

Last edited by itguy08; 03-02-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by itguy08
Was getting on the highway just now (ok, 15 mins ago) and dropped the hammer to the floor. The revs shot up but I didn't go anywhere. No shudder or CEL, just the feeling like the transmission was "stuck" between gears. Let off the gas and it did something and tried again, same thing. Pulled off the road and got on it 1/2 way and I was able to get on the highway.

Still No CEL or wrench or anything on the dash. I tried nailing it from rolling starts and it's shifting perfectly.

Not sure if this is the condensation issue as it was perfectly smooth? Plan on getting to the dealer either this or next week as 60k is coming up a little too soon.

Nevemind - looks like it was/is the condensation issue - drove all day yesterday in the rain/snowy weather. Time to head to the dealer.
What's the current mileage on your truck, itguy08? Having your dealer take a look is a great first step; please let me know how the trip goes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an update from you!

Brittany
Old 03-02-2015, 07:03 PM

Received 277 Likes on 193 Posts

Was getting on the highway just now (ok, 15 mins ago) and dropped the hammer to the floor. The revs shot up but I didn't go anywhere. No shudder or CEL, just the feeling like the transmission was "stuck" between gears. Let off the gas and it did something and tried again, same thing. Pulled off the road and got on it 1/2 way and I was able to get on the highway. Still No CEL or wrench or anything on the dash. I tried nailing it from rolling starts and it's shifting perfectly. Not sure if this is the condensation issue as it was perfectly smooth? Plan on getting to the dealer either this or next week as 60k is coming up a little too soon. Nevemind - looks like it was/is the condensation issue - drove all day yesterday in the rain/snowy weather. Time to head to the dealer.
I've never experienced it but I thought it didn't rev up with the condensation issue. I always read it as more of a numb feeling with the engine. Pedal down but shuddered and didn't do anything but maintain speed.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by MadocHandyman
I've never experienced it but I thought it didn't rev up with the condensation issue. I always read it as more of a numb feeling with the engine. Pedal down but shuddered and didn't do anything but maintain speed.
That's what I thought. I can't remember if I felt a shudder or not. I was getting on the highway and a Semi was going to let me in. Nailed it expecting the normal rush but got a 3-4k RPM and no forward speed. That was with the pedal to the floor.

Have 56k on it and it goes to the dealer tomorrow. My guess is since I am owner #2 that no TSB has ever been done. I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:50 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

IT you experienced the exact same thing I did. https://www.f150forum.com/f70/what-d...rience-274585/

I had the TSB done and I ended up drilling the weep hole, and removing the blocker plate.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:56 PM

LOL. Funny you mentioned it - I read the thread and saw I posted there. Pretty much exactly what happened to me other than my rainy day was a 5 hour drive (2.5 each direction) yesterday in the snow/rain. All highway and all at part throttle.

We'll see what the dealer says. For all I know, I could have the original IC in the truck and a newer revision will fix it. If not, I'll probably drill the hole too and be done with it.
The following users liked this post:
Tothemax (03-02-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 01:28 PM

Heard from the dealer over lunch. They found that my truck had never had any of the condensation TSB's applied and are doing the latest one. So hopefully it will be fixed now as we're very close to the travel trailer that will get pulled by this one.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

...Have 56k on it and it goes to the dealer tomorrow. My guess is since I am owner #2 that no TSB has ever been done. I'll keep everyone updated.
Heard from the dealer over lunch. They found that my truck had never had any of the condensation TSB's applied and are doing the latest one. So hopefully it will be fixed now as we're very close to the travel trailer that will get pulled by this one.
I'm glad to hear that the dealership is making the repair, itguy08. Please let us know how it goes; I'll be here to help or document any feedback you may have.

Brittany

Quick Reply: Condensation issue - what does it feel like?