Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Condensation issue with DI? maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Condensation issue with DI? maybe?

Just sitting here bored in Afghan and figured I could get a good thread for other bored people to bicker about in regards to the condensation issues.

I was curious if anyone had thought of the condensation issue being more so related to the fact of the direct injection design duty cycles instead of just the intercooler design. I had been part of the forced induction world (all 5 vehicles I've owned) for about 15yrs now and had never had/seen/heard of the issue until now. I was curious if it was due to the time the water(mist) has to mix with a given amount of fuel/air during the combustion cycle compared to multi port or TB injected vehicles. Just a thought. Figured I might get some good responses mixed with the non.

I know there are other DI vehicles out there for a few years now, like the mazdaspeed3, but I don't know if any had suffered any similar issues.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by killerrudy
Just sitting here bored in Afghan and figured I could get a good thread for other bored people to bicker about in regards to the condensation issues.

I was curious if anyone had thought of the condensation issue being more so related to the fact of the direct injection design duty cycles instead of just the intercooler design. I had been part of the forced induction world (all 5 vehicles I've owned) for about 15yrs now and had never had/seen/heard of the issue until now. I was curious if it was due to the time the water(mist) has to mix with a given amount of fuel/air during the combustion cycle compared to multi port or TB injected vehicles. Just a thought. Figured I might get some good responses mixed with the non.

I know there are other DI vehicles out there for a few years now, like the mazdaspeed3, but I don't know if any had suffered any similar issues.
DI vws over here, no issues.

Quick Reply: Condensation issue with DI? maybe?