Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Check Engine Light on solid at 850 miles on Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Check Engine Light on solid at 850 miles on Ecoboost

Coming home late Wednesday and I pushed it a little going up a nice hill. It rewarded me with a boost of speed and the Check Engine light came on. Turbos still work. I read the troubleshooting tips in the owner's guide and it seems like it is trying to say that the emissions are throwing out a failure code. I did the first tip to fill the gas tank in case it gulped a gallon of bad gas going up the hill. The light is still on. My mpgs may have dropped a little too.

From what I understand from the troubleshooting tips, you may need 3 starts with some cruising to clear the failure code if it was just a fuel hiccup. I will take it out for the third cruise today and see if it clears. If not, the dealer is going to hear from me first thing in the morning.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

Have you checked to see what the code is?
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

I had to get one O2 sensor and 4 injector's changed to clear the light on my 5.0.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBlue
Coming home late Wednesday and I pushed it a little going up a nice hill. It rewarded me with a boost of speed and the Check Engine light came on. Turbos still work. I read the troubleshooting tips in the owner's guide and it seems like it is trying to say that the emissions are throwing out a failure code. I did the first tip to fill the gas tank in case it gulped a gallon of bad gas going up the hill. The light is still on. My mpgs may have dropped a little too.

From what I understand from the troubleshooting tips, you may need 3 starts with some cruising to clear the failure code if it was just a fuel hiccup. I will take it out for the third cruise today and see if it clears. If not, the dealer is going to hear from me first thing in the morning.
Go straight to the dealer..................do not try to fix this problem.......that's what you pay the big bucks for...........you have a problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:09 PM

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

Agreed............Agreed............Agreed........ ......Agreed!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:22 PM

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes I have a problem.

No change after driving it 12 easy miles today. Next time I move it will be to coast mostly downhill to the dealer about 8 miles away.

This sets the record for me for the fastest I have ever had to take a brand new vehicle in. I switched to Ford from Chevy because I thought Ford was more reliable and I thought going once a year for a malfunction was too much.

The next update will be what the dealer has told me.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

At least you won't get laughed at for not putting the gas cap on
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EcoBlue
Yes I have a problem.

No change after driving it 12 easy miles today. Next time I move it will be to coast mostly downhill to the dealer about 8 miles away.

This sets the record for me for the fastest I have ever had to take a brand new vehicle in. I switched to Ford from Chevy because I thought Ford was more reliable and I thought going once a year for a malfunction was too much.

The next update will be what the dealer has told me.
Don't let this problem bother you to bad......I as well switched to Ford from Gov. Motors oh about 35 years ago because I got real tired of paying for a truck that stayed at the dealership more than it did in my drive way. We're all sort of having new model problems or should I say new model bugs to workout.........they will fix it and you'll get years and years of good service from your Ford truck and you'll be glad you made the switch.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Boost Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

would like to hear what they come up with. Check engine lights come on for the silliest things anymore, sensor may have come loose, or something stupid like that.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the same problem, on my truck. I called my dealer and he tell me it can happen if the gas level is low. When it happened for me, my level was just a 1/4 and I had to brake suddenly because a car jus appear in my way to turn, so when I push the fuel pedal to pass the car, the motor has no power and the RPM was going just 4800 and my check engine ligh flashes for 5 sec. and turn off after and never came on again. After that all was working properly and the motor have his power. My dealer will check my truck tomorow. Let me know what your dealer will tell you, I will do the same.

P.S. My english is realy not perfect, I hope you'll understand what I mean.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light on solid at 850 miles on Ecoboost