Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Broke a coil pack connector, how to replace?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Broke a coil pack connector, how to replace?

Hey guys, I was changing the plugs on my 2011 5.0 and I wasn't sure how to get the connector off. I slid the red locking tab up like you are supposed to but I still managed to break the clip that holds the connector in place. I was able to secure it with a zip tie and it isn't coming off, but I would prefer to replace the connector and have things proper. I tried searching to find a replacement connector with no luck, can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find one? Thanks a ton! -Mike
Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

I think I remember reading another member doing the same. He called his ford dealership and they had them in stock..
Old 09-06-2015, 11:12 PM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I broke one too but never replaced it as they pretty much hold themselves in place, but thats good to know dealer has them. I also had a coil pack fall off and crack off a piece of the plastic flat part almost half of it. i cleaned and used locktites version of super glue and it is holding perfect.

Quick Reply: Broke a coil pack connector, how to replace?