Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Airaid and SuperChips on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First of all I would really like to avoid turning this thread into a mine is better than yours match. I don't care if you spent umpteen dollars on your own setup and it's the bees knees.

Ok now that that's outta the way. I recently won a contest for a free tuner! After a few days on the interwebs I decided to pick up the Airaid intake and a pre-filter.

They should both be in by weeks end and I will install this weekend. I plan on running a few mileage "tests" and hope to make it to the strip sometime this summer and will have my personal impressions and reviews following each "test"
Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't install the super chips until they get their 6th gear issue fixed. You will either have to run in the tow mode or shift it in manual. Just my opinion it's a pain in the ***. You get a little more power with a lot more headaches.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Look forward to the write up's.

Not sure if I missed it but what motor do you have?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 AM

Guess I spaced on sharing the motor. Oops

I have the EcoBoost.

I've read a couple of concerning posts, but most of them are from guys with the 12MY. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen many of the 11MY guys having too many issues that haven't already been resolved.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patch Farmer
I wouldn't install the super chips until they get their 6th gear issue fixed. You will either have to run in the tow mode or shift it in manual. Just my opinion it's a pain in the ***. You get a little more power with a lot more headaches.
^^What he said^^

I have a 2011 FX4 Eco with the SC and the shifting issue.
It might not sound like it but it is a major pita.
Sorry, not my intention to redirect your thread. Just a heads up.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I updated my SC yesterday, It shifts fine. Then again I never had any shifting issues. Good luck with the setup.

If you could do me a favor, and load the tune, run it a bit, then install the airaid to see what kind of difference it makes.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by goodburbon
If you could do me a favor, and load the tune, run it a bit, then install the airaid to see what kind of difference it makes.
I had actually planned on that!

I guess great minds think alike lol
Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 PM

***Update***
Intake came in today! I figured the tuber would be in already, but it just shipped yesterday. Supposed to be here Tuesday!

Anyways I'll throw the intake on for the next few days and then swap back to stock after the tuner arrives. I will then run for about a week with the stock intake and take notes on performance etc. after that I'll throw the intake back on and again record my findings.

Hopefully the write up will be helpful to those on the fence and sway them in the correct direction for their application.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

I have an 11, and mine won't shift into 6th after the latest superchips update. Ran awesome with the .12 tune, but with the .0C update it now doesn't shift into 6th.

Don't install the tuner until they fix this, flashing it back to stock WILL NOT correct the problem, as the problem is with the stock map that they built the tune off of. Once you flash it, you will be dependent upon Superchips to fix it........so far, it seems like that will be a long time.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: Airaid and SuperChips on the way!