Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Afe intake for Eco boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afe intake for Eco boost

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...5L&&brandID=52

Anybody install one yet...
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 PM

first i've seen actually. almost half price of the Injen piece, claiming less gains though, but gotta wait for impressions i guess.

nice find!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I dont think the Injen intake is worth $450...the AFE is 1/2 the price but 1/2 the intake. The Injen has the "Y" section and this one doesnt
Old 08-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Received 1,556 Likes on 990 Posts

Assuming their gains are at peak, they are actually identical to the Injen.

Last edited by engineermike; 08-12-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

saw the AFE one yesterday, don't care for it at all, for sure half the intake of the injen one, so I got my Wrinkle black Injen on order, I paid 400 bucks including GST
Old 08-15-2011, 11:43 AM

Last edited by Iceman49; 08-16-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman49
Well i got my Injen polished intake in Friday , and istall took about 35-45 mins. Its a Very nice product and instructions and fit are Awesome.

Ok, the Turbo whine that most of us are looking for is NOW here with this, it sounds great and also the Loud Whoosh can we Heard from the waste gates off throttle. I am very happy with this part , I own a aftermarket performance parts house and manufacturing company and will be recommending this part myself .
video of the whine?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM

it's hard to get on vid, and i think it's something that you look for a bit. My wife/friends in the truck don't notice it, have to really point it out to them. I always hear it and get a grin, but unless you get a vid/mic in the engine bay i don't see it getting picked up.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:13 AM
.....twin hamster wheels

Originally Posted by Iceman49
Well i got my Injen polished intake in Friday , and istall took about 35-45 mins. Its a Very nice product and instructions and fit are Awesome.

Ok, the Turbo whine that most of us are looking for is NOW here with this, it sounds great and also the Loud Whoosh can we Heard from the waste gates off throttle. I am very happy with this part , I own a aftermarket performance parts house and manufacturing company and will be recommending this part myself .
we lookin at the injen for our truck since we can't own anything without modding it some how

FYI, that whoosh sound is the air bypass/diverter valves, not the wastegate. You hear it off throttle because when the turbo is spooling and pumping air to the engine there is lag between throttle shut off and when the turbo stops producing boost pressure. That extra air coming to the closed throttle needs to go somewhere or else it fires back at the turbo and can cause damage to it. So there are "valves" that open and relieve that pressure.

Wastegate is on the hot side of the turbo (turbine) and it works as a bypass valve as well, but is used to regulate boost, bypassing exhaust from the turbine once the preset boost pressure is reached.

just a lil turbo 101 for ya
Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
.....twin hamster wheels

Originally Posted by Mrtea
it's hard to get on vid, and i think it's something that you look for a bit. My wife/friends in the truck don't notice it, have to really point it out to them. I always hear it and get a grin, but unless you get a vid/mic in the engine bay i don't see it getting picked up.

try doing a "flyby" where you let off the gas when u pass the person holding the phone/cam.....should be able to hear it.

We love this truck since the turbo is so lineral but when i mash t i can hear the faint whine of the turbos before engine noise covers it up. Siked to hear it with a nice open intake on it We've used Injen in several of our past cars, few subarus, mazdas, hondas and nissans. THey make good ish lol.

Last edited by TrkWhre; 08-16-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Afe intake for Eco boost