Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

AFE intake on 5.0

Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AFE intake on 5.0

Just bought the AFE stage 1 for my 2012 5.0. Got it for 180 from autoanything. Heard good things about them and was able to get it cheaper than a k&n etc. I also like the fact that this particular model uses the factory intake tube, that will make it a bit easier for me to switch back to stock for trips to the dealer. Hope it's what I want haha. I'll be sure to report back on how it performs and sounds.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

looking forward to it. I am looking at the stage 1 as well
Old 03-10-2013, 04:12 PM

Ok so I received my intake on Friday and had a chance to install it this morning...it's sounds perfect! It's great for me because I don't want anything to loud like an aftermarket exhaust. This afe stage 1 only increases the motor noise when under a pretty decent acceleration. Under slow acceleration u can't even tell its there, if u decide to pass someone they will know about it haha. At idle it sounds stock. Way to early to tell unit added anything as far as mpg or power increase although I highly doubt it. It took about 15 minutes to install and I would definitely recommend it.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwl0222285
Ok so I received my intake on Friday and had a chance to install it this morning...it's sounds perfect! It's great for me because I don't want anything to loud like an aftermarket exhaust. This afe stage 1 only increases the motor noise when under a pretty decent acceleration. Under slow acceleration u can't even tell its there, if u decide to pass someone they will know about it haha. At idle it sounds stock. Way to early to tell unit added anything as far as mpg or power increase although I highly doubt it. It took about 15 minutes to install and I would definitely recommend it.
Intake on these engine only between 0-5HP with no other supporting mods. I have other supporting mods and turn a considerably higher rpm than stock so I might say MAYBE 8-10HP, and that's probably being optimistic.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM

Question for u guys...I hit the gas hard for the first time with my intake installed and it almost seemed to stall before really getting going. I don't remember feeling that hesitation before. Is that something that is normal? I know I have read about "running lean" with just an intake. Is that one of the side effects? It could very well just be my mind playing games on my but I just wanted to see what someone else thought. Thanks for the help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AFE intake on 5.0