Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

Accurate Sound Recordings of 6.2L SW Headers

Old 03-01-2016, 07:37 AM
Master Gunner

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts

Default Accurate Sound Recordings of 6.2L SW Headers

Can anyone point to me to sound clips that faithfully reproduce the exhaust note of Stainless Works 6.2L headers with stock camshafts as accurately as possible?

I would also like to hear recordings at the front of the engine. I've only known headers on classic muscle cars (in California it's illegal to use non-CARB exempt headers on pollution controlled vehicles, so headers are very rare) and they always seem to exhibit a slight "clackity" noise up front (I'm not talking about infamous header flange exhaust leaks nor solid lifter tapping) but they also have some serious camshaft profiles. So I'm curious if this characteristic is exhibited in modern engines with stock cams.

I come across many sound clips, but of course, the tonal characteristics are greatly affected by the quality of the recording equipment used and ambient conditions.

The full header to exhaust tip system is way too pricey for my tastes, though I'm still curious as to how it sounds.

I'll probably go the SW "performance connect" headers to custom true dual Magnaflow/chambered mufflers.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Wink

I've got a video of my truck idling while I did a walk around after I cleaned her up. It's about 2 1/2 min. long. No high rev's or anything. I just set the camera on the ground by the exhaust for a moment and just idled her up a little. She's an '11 Lariat with the 6.2. I have the StainlessWorks Long tube Headers, High flow cats, X-pipe and duals with the chambered mufflers. I took the video with my Sony DSLR. But, I don't do any social networking stuff. No Facebook, etc.. I can try to see if I can send it to you via an email link? Send me a PM and I'll give it a try....

Last edited by Scarlet; 03-02-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accurate Sound Recordings of 6.2L SW Headers