Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

About building an FX4 Ecoboost

Old 11-29-2012, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About building an FX4 Ecoboost

High, I'm plannign on getting a 2013 FX4 Ecoboost supercrew with the 5 and half inch bed and 4.10 gears, fully loaded, But I have a question, Who makes the best lowering kit/handling mods for these trucks? Reason I'm getting this is, I'm going to import it to Turkey, and its classified as a commercial vehilce so taxes are low if the displacements under 4 litres and ecoboost fits the bill, It's fast, all weather capable, and not bad on fuel, and the fx4's murdered out look has presence, Don't judge me please for deciding to lower it, I want to make it handle a bit better . I'm gonna be using it basically like I would an SUV
Old 11-29-2012, 07:02 PM

Received 78 Likes on 67 Posts

Uhhhh. Well. More power to you. And let haters hate! I'd order higher gears if I was you, as 4.10's will eat the gas up but it's your ride, not mine. If you want to lower it, i'm not sure how many lowering kits there are for a 4x4, but you could easily do a 2" drop shackle in the rear to make it sit level with the front. Either way you go, good luck! Just one question, if you plan to have some warranty work done, who in Turkey will do it with warranty coverage? Is there a Ford dealership there? I'm assuming not if you're buying it here and having it shipped over there. Let's just hope you get one of the "good" ecoboost motors/transmission/intercoolers, and have no such said issues as many have had. :-)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by CaSCrew11
Uhhhh. Well. More power to you. And let haters hate! I'd order higher gears if I was you, as 4.10's will eat the gas up but it's your ride, not mine. If you want to lower it, i'm not sure how many lowering kits there are for a 4x4, but you could easily do a 2" drop shackle in the rear to make it sit level with the front. Either way you go, good luck! Just one question, if you plan to have some warranty work done, who in Turkey will do it with warranty coverage? Is there a Ford dealership there? I'm assuming not if you're buying it here and having it shipped over there. Let's just hope you get one of the "good" ecoboost motors/transmission/intercoolers, and have no such said issues as many have had. :-)
We got Ford of Europe, And also I have a friend in states with a SHO Taurus and hes not having any problems, Im a student in USA at the moment I will ship it back when I'm done with school and done building my F150 up . Well, if lowering it won't help with handling, What would I need to do to make it sit perfectly level at stock height and what are the biggest tires I can put on it in stock height.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
Promoted to Elitist Prick

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by barkmarkin
High, I'm plannign on getting a 2013 FX4 Ecoboost supercrew with the 5 and half inch bed and 4.10 gears, fully loaded, But I have a question, Who makes the best lowering kit/handling mods for these trucks? Reason I'm getting this is, I'm going to import it to Turkey, and its classified as a commercial vehilce so taxes are low if the displacements under 4 litres and ecoboost fits the bill, It's fast, all weather capable, and not bad on fuel, and the fx4's murdered out look has presence, Don't judge me please for deciding to lower it, I want to make it handle a bit better . I'm gonna be using it basically like I would an SUV
Sounds awesome! I'd like to see the end result. Make sure you get the locking diff. Are you getting a black one? If so it would look sick if you got the fx appearance package because they come with black wheels. Also get lower profile tires for it. Less rotating mass the faster you will be off the line. Try a light weight drive shaft as well. They make a pretty good change. It did on my car anyways.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by wasinger3000
Sounds awesome! I'd like to see the end result. Make sure you get the locking diff. Are you getting a black one? If so it would look sick if you got the fx appearance package because they come with black wheels. Also get lower profile tires for it. Less rotating mass the faster you will be off the line. Try a light weight drive shaft as well. They make a pretty good change. It did on my car anyways.
I'm not gonna be focused completely on performance, it's gonna see some rough roads, so I want the biggest tire I can fit under it with a 1" front leveling kit to level the rake, and I'm thinking 17x8 ATX MOJAVE wheels in black, and yes ofcourse I'm gonna get it in black =), I was wondering who sold the most complete power pack (turboback exhaust, intercooler, and intake, tune) I've been following Full Race's build, I had their kit on my Evo 9, Loved it.. they're the gods of turbocharging, If they release the EFR kit I might bite!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

SMH
The following users liked this post:
jcavers (11-29-2012)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 PM

Received 77 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurboFx4
SMH
+1
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

3.55 gears with ecoboost. 4.10s make very little sense.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by superccs
3.55 gears with ecoboost. 4.10s make very little sense.
Unless you run 35" tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: About building an FX4 Ecoboost