Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

5star transmission tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 03:29 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Default 5star transmission tune

Anyone been running just a transmission tune? I am curious but I currently am running LET tow tune not sure the differences of them? Is it because 5 star doesnt have a tow tune only?
Old 05-04-2015, 04:02 PM

Received 146 Likes on 130 Posts

The trans tune is for people who want to stock power but wants the improved shift strategy.

5 Star Perf/tow is a tow tune. Not sure why they call it what it is, but maybe so that it doesn't sound derated or something like that. All I know is that the perf/tow tune is the tune that I prefer.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:26 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Ah ok I was reading their website and it says *Tow Vehicle’s Max Rate Rating*
TRANS CALIBRATION ONLY

So you couldn't tow at max rating in a perf/tow tune?
Old 05-05-2015, 02:45 PM

I do, and I don't see why you shouldn't tow max numbers with a tow tune. They are set up to pull power when the engine gets to warm anyways.

I am thinking it may be worth while to email or call them.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:50 PM

Ok looks like the spacing may be a little off. But I would assume economy and performance you can not tow max rates.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Could be wrong but

I believe that all of the tunes you can use from any Tuner have transmission tuning added in all tunes provided ..they work together in improving all aspects of driving the truck ... I hate that my Super chips Flash paq didn't do nearly as much with my shifting as it needs ... I hate the lul when your on the gas WOT and then it shifts and hesitates for just long enough to screw you up when merging in fast traffic ... about made me get in a wreck a couple times when the bottom dropped out and I was about up to speed
Dont buy a Super Chips unless you barley want to feel the diffrence .. it works better than nothing , but from what Ive seen from 5 star and MPT tuned trucks the Flashpaq sucks ..cant upgrade tunes ... your stuck with canned tunes that are better than stock but nothing like the others out there I have seen ... Wish I had 400.00 to buy an SCT but for now Im stuck with what I got ... It could be worse I guess ... stock these trucks are a real turd .. 5.0 anyway...wouldnt know about the v6 eccos

Quick Reply: 5star transmission tune