Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

5.0 Intake Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 5.0 Intake Cover

For those of you that have installed the Mustang intake cover on your truck, how did you do it?

I know the Mustangs have four grommets on the manifold that the cover's studs pop into. Where can you get those grommets. It appears that Fordparts.com does not list them seperately.

Also, what about the heater hoses on the passenger side? Are they relocated or just pushed down under the cover?

I tried doing a search but I never have any luck on these forums.

Any help is appretiated!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

As for the mounting grommets - part # BR3Z-9P686-A *This info' and other particulars are included in my installation thread.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

After reporting the problem, it's now MAGICALLY working.

So - More offerings for your listening pleasure and reading enjoyment ...

Last edited by gDMJoe; 05-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Koolponycar (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

2011 BlueScrew, Here's you one more video I did on the hoses.Since this video I also put a piece of that protector mesh on the drivers side hose where it crosses at the very back lip of the cover because the cover just barely touches it and I did not want to cut that back lip.
2011BlueScrew (05-05-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Koolponycar - I am going to follow your lead on the Engine cover and hose routing. Which heater hose did you get and where did you get it? I found the Dorman 90 degree connectors you used online cheaper than local auto parts stores however I have not purchased the heater hose yet.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Default Heater Hose

Flash69,
I got the heater hose at O'Reilly's Gates premium 3/4 hose Part#28418. I bought like 6 feet and ended up not using a foot or so. I also used some premium hose clamps from same place, here is the description as i dont remember the brand name but receipt says abbreviation MHC #MP5012.
One thing to note on the hose on the passenger side you can make it longer or shorter depending on how you want to route and connect it. I thought the way I did it kept the hose from being restricted or kinked. After i got it all back together and put the antifreeze back in I drained out I could hear the antifreeze move around probably in that short loop. But since I have driven it more I do not hear that any more. I was originally going to order the mustang 5.0 heater hoses,but the dealer and description says they are molded. Also the mustang hoses go to the opposite side than the f150 so i was unsure if they would work. Here is a link to a supercharger install that shows the mustang hoses if you look through it. Also there is a flat holding bracket on the mustangs that the hoses lay on and has small arms, but the releasable wire ties work just fine.
http://www.svtperformance.com/articl...structions.pdf Also if you could get any of the mustang hoses to work this place has them cheaper than anywhere else i looked. http://www.rockauto.com The reason I wanted those was to eliminate any clamps, but ended up with just 4. The Dorman connectors come with the white retaining clips. I just removed those and saved them and used the factory ones that are on the trucks hard pipe connections. There is another member currently working on installing his and we talked about the mustang hoses so he should be posting how he done his pretty soon, his screen name is Z7What. You will need a aftermarket CAI. Z7what installed a Airaid JR kit that uses all of your stock box but gives you a different Tube and filter for the box. I used the K&N, but do like the sealed box of the Airaid. Good luck and if I can help just ask. You may make this install even better by the time you get done. Post some pics, just take your time doing this becuase you will be leaning over aand streching out. I used a small step ladder to help me.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:21 PM

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Koolponycar
Flash69,
I got the heater hose at O'Reilly's Gates premium 3/4 hose Part#28418. I bought like 6 feet and ended up not using a foot or so. I also used some premium hose clamps from same place, here is the description as i dont remember the brand name but receipt says abbreviation MHC #MP5012.
One thing to note on the hose on the passenger side you can make it longer or shorter depending on how you want to route and connect it. I thought the way I did it kept the hose from being restricted or kinked. After i got it all back together and put the antifreeze back in I drained out I could hear the antifreeze move around probably in that short loop. But since I have driven it more I do not hear that any more. I was originally going to order the mustang 5.0 heater hoses,but the dealer and description says they are molded. Also the mustang hoses go to the opposite side than the f150 so i was unsure if they would work. Here is a link to a supercharger install that shows the mustang hoses if you look through it. Also there is a flat holding bracket on the mustangs that the hoses lay on and has small arms, but the releasable wire ties work just fine.
http://www.svtperformance.com/articl...structions.pdf Also if you could get any of the mustang hoses to work this place has them cheaper than anywhere else i looked. http://www.rockauto.com The reason I wanted those was to eliminate any clamps, but ended up with just 4. The Dorman connectors come with the white retaining clips. I just removed those and saved them and used the factory ones that are on the trucks hard pipe connections. There is another member currently working on installing his and we talked about the mustang hoses so he should be posting how he done his pretty soon, his screen name is Z7What. You will need a aftermarket CAI. Z7what installed a Airaid JR kit that uses all of your stock box but gives you a different Tube and filter for the box. I used the K&N, but do like the sealed box of the Airaid. Good luck and if I can help just ask. You may make this install even better by the time you get done. Post some pics, just take your time doing this becuase you will be leaning over aand streching out. I used a small step ladder to help me.
Wow, great minds think alike. I was looking at the Mustang hoses last night! I need to go to the dealership and look at the hoses in person.

I will wait to see that Z7What does before I do mine. I have an AFE CAI so that part is covered.

Thank you for all the information.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:26 PM

Hey let me know how it goes and if you can make the mustang hoses work. I know one of them I believe the drivers side has a couple of tight loops. I thought that if the passenger side would swivel the other way maybe you could just use 2 of that same one. I dont know if it would be long enough. Thanks too for checking this out, that way maybe we can all tune this to a even better application. I just didn't want to buy those and end up splicing and using clamps cause that kinda would be what I've got now, the clamps. Keep your eye on Z7What he is pretty sharp and a mechanic I think.Thanks!
flash69 (05-03-2013)

Quick Reply: 5.0 Intake Cover