Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

5.0 architecture

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Bar Stool Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 5.0 architecture

I have a 2014 f series on order. Equipped with the 5.0 engine. What are the differences between the truck engine, the coyote, and the GT.? Are parts interchangeable? I have looked all over for answers and the salesguy looked at me funny. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

The Mustang engine is built for top end speed quick rev. The truck engine is made for low end torque eg: Towing, carrying a load etc.

Neither one is worth a damn in the others body.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truck has a different tune strategy...
Different cams
Exhaust manifolds

Im sure there might be some more little changes but those are the biggest.

CJ
Old 06-21-2014, 10:19 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

For your listening pleasure and reading enjoyment .....
The following users liked this post:
KJLong (06-23-2014)
Old 06-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp

Neither one is worth a damn in the others body.

Wrong. All parts are interchangeable.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by mechanicboy
Wrong. All parts are interchangeable.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya? I didn't say they weren't interchangeable, I said they weren't worth a damn in each others body.

Go find the thread with the guy who put a boss intake on his truck and lost all low end torque so he put the truck manifold back on.

The following users liked this post:
Sweatmachine (06-22-2014)
Old 06-22-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya? I didn't say they weren't interchangeable, I said they weren't worth a damn in each others body.

Go find the thread with the guy who put a boss intake on his truck and lost all low end torque so he put the truck manifold back on.

The boss engine/intake is a little different. If you compare the mustang GT and the truck motors, the GT motor is better in every way than the truck motor for both the car and truck except the compression. With the correct cam timing tuning, adding the boss intake will help more than hurt. Being able to adjust the cam timing on these engines does wonders for power.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by 02reaper
The boss engine/intake is a little different. If you compare the mustang GT and the truck motors, the GT motor is better in every way than the truck motor for both the car and truck except the compression. With the correct cam timing tuning, adding the boss intake will help more than hurt. Being able to adjust the cam timing on these engines does wonders for power.

Doesn't matter Boss or GT, neither engine has the torque that our heavy trucks require.

You put a car engine in a truck and you will quickly swap them back. Mustang is light as a popcorn fart compared to the truck, it don't need the torque as much as it want's to spin up fast and keep moving.

That is the reason Ford engineer's designed them differently.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:51 PM

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Doesn't matter Boss or GT, neither engine has the torque that our heavy trucks require.

You put a car engine in a truck and you will quickly swap them back. Mustang is light as a popcorn fart compared to the truck, it don't need the torque as much as it want's to spin up fast and keep moving.

That is the reason Ford engineer's designed them differently.

I have the info and have done the work to prove this, but if you want it posted on here, you will have to pay for it like I did...I have the cam specs, I have the dyno graphs, the tuning....All of this done to my own truck and I can tell you from first hand experience, the truck engine/tune is a dog compared to the mustang engine/tune. I can tell you where the stock truck cam produces torque and where the others produce torque...Call Michael Raushcher at L&M engines and ask him. I paid for the cams to be put on the engine analyzer, I can show you the tuning differences in the cam timing between all of them also. Want dyno graphs comparing them, got that too.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 02reaper
I have the info and have done the work to prove this, but if you want it posted on here, you will have to pay for it like I did...I have the cam specs, I have the dyno graphs, the tuning....All of this done to my own truck and I can tell you from first hand experience, the truck engine/tune is a dog compared to the mustang engine/tune. I can tell you where the stock truck cam produces torque and where the others produce torque...Call Michael Raushcher at L&M engines and ask him. I paid for the cams to be put on the engine analyzer, I can show you the tuning differences in the cam timing between all of them also. Want dyno graphs comparing them, got that too.

I'm talking about stock not something tweaked like you obviously did. it's pretty obvious if you throw enough $$$ at something you will make it how you want it.

Last edited by RLXXI; 06-22-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 5.0 architecture