Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2015 eco's have increased cooling

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 AM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Default 2015 eco's have increased cooling

According to this article, cooling capacity has been increased and the license plate is now in the center. If they made the CAC larger and/or took off the shield that they added before wonder what they are doing for the condensation issue now?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/10-thin...15-ford-f-150/
Old 02-08-2014, 10:53 AM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
According to this article, cooling capacity has been increased and the license plate is now in the center. If they made the CAC larger and/or took off the shield that they added before wonder what they are doing for the condensation issue now?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/10-thin...15-ford-f-150/

Hi.

Wellsir, some aftermarket CACs advertise their units, due to the increased size, 'help' reduce the condensation issue - Wagner's one of 'em:

http://www.morepowertuning.com/wagnerevo-ecoboost-fmic

Dunno exactly why that is, but would like to know ... but if it is legit, might that not also apply here?

Thanks fer the article!

Last edited by MGD; 02-08-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

I have a Wagner but have only had it installed for a month or two. I won't know until spring and summer when it really gets humid around here how much it helps.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

I think Ford more than likely relocated the intercooler and I think the guys in the catch can threads have found the crud that's getting in to our intercoolers, check those threads out! I've been jonesing for a full race or Wagner intercooler for some time now but that rx catch can is definately my next purchase
The following users liked this post:
Half_ton (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 PM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Buellracer
I think Ford more than likely relocated the intercooler and I think the guys in the catch can threads have found the crud that's getting in to our intercoolers, check those threads out! I've been jonesing for a full race or Wagner intercooler for some time now but that rx catch can is definately my next purchase
I'm going to get one (RX) too. It won't be a problem for me to drain the can, do it on my motorcycle all the time. Just another memory thing.....like setting the alarm clock. LOL
Old 02-09-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buellracer
Originally Posted by natural gasser
I'm going to get one (RX) too. It won't be a problem for me to drain the can, do it on my motorcycle all the time. Just another memory thing.....like setting the alarm clock. LOL
I too plan on making the RX can my next purchase, however, will it stop the condensation/water build up in the intercooler? My truck is a stock 2011 and thank God I've had no problems however will the RX can stop the water build up in the intercooler? Or is there something else I need to be doing to stop water build up in the intercooler?
Old 02-09-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
I too plan on making the RX can my next purchase, however, will it stop the condensation/water build up in the intercooler? My truck is a stock 2011 and thank God I've had no problems however will the RX can stop the water build up in the intercooler? Or is there something else I need to be doing to stop water build up in the intercooler?
Will it stop it 100%? Probably not.... will it help, probably.

I think a mix of the catch can and the weep hole that engineermike's thread touches on will come together to prevent at a minimum-----a large gulp of catastrophic liquid into the engine.

-----before you ask, the weep hole will not result in a loss of boost, his thread "scientifically" discusses why. In a nutshell----it's electronically controlled so you will still see the same amount of boost.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Senior Member/Vietnam Vet

Received 539 Likes on 369 Posts

Thanks for another great post, JDF. As you know, I also have the Wagner CAC. I plan to drill the weep hole in it when I don't have to lay in the snow to do it. The Wagner didn't stop the condensation problem, just provided a bigger collection area.
The following users liked this post:
brucesears (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 05:27 PM
See? It works in monkeys!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

So the licence plate is back in the centre. The very early '11 EB's had the same front valance as the N/A engines.

There was no reason to have that IC located as low as it originally was. If it's been moved up and increased in size then good!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:44 PM

Received 270 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Madorski
There was no reason to have that IC located as low as it originally was. If it's been moved up and increased in size then good!
This has been my thought.

Quick Reply: 2015 eco's have increased cooling