Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2014 Wires for Pop & Lock 8250

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question 2014 Wires for Pop & Lock 8250

Good morning folks. Just hoping to get some information regarding wire color and location for the install in my 2014 XLT. I have found plenty of info on older models and was hoping to get direct experience on the 2014.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pop n Lock - 2014

On my 2014 Platinum I went through a bunch of wires before finding the right ones. What throws you off is there are multiple wires (at least 3) that are Gray w/Brown stripe. There are at least 2 purple/gray striped wires, coming off a heat shrink wrap right under the step emblem on the passenger side. I crimped my blue wire to one of the purple/gray striped wires (they both worked), and then started with the gray/brown striped wires. I got the right gray/brown wire on the 2nd try. Test the lock/unlock after each connection until you hear it click in the tailgate. You may need to manually lock the tailgate by key before testing. Also, don't waste your time to pop out the lock in the door to see the wires, the wires are light blue with green stripe, but do not appear in the bundle. Hope that saves y'all some time, it took me several tries over a few days, and pop n lock never returned my calls or emails. Best, Robby.

Quick Reply: 2014 Wires for Pop & Lock 8250