Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2013 5.0 with Check Engine codes PO172 and PO175

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 5.0 with Check Engine codes PO172 and PO175

Yesterday I went threw the car wash. I parked the truck afterwards, about 30 minutes later got in and fired it up. Check engine light was on at fire up. Went to auto zone to get the codes. Ran a few more errands. Came out from one store and check engine light went off. This morning I drove about 40 miles with no light. Came out about 5 hours later and check engine light is back on. I maintain truck religiously. I drive a lot for work but have maintenance done at local dealership. Truck has 78k on it. Still seams to new to have these issues. Not sure if the car wash could have anything to do with it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:29 PM
POWWWERRR!!!!!

Received 167 Likes on 116 Posts

78k on a 2013? You must never leave the drivers seat lol.

Edit: just noticed the codes are in the thread title

Both codes are for "system too rich". Any possibility the air filter got wet and is starving the engine of air?

Last edited by dieselhunter44; 02-16-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:12 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Akbrosche
Yesterday I went threw the car wash. I parked the truck afterwards, about 30 minutes later got in and fired it up. Check engine light was on at fire up. Went to auto zone to get the codes. Ran a few more errands. Came out from one store and check engine light went off. This morning I drove about 40 miles with no light. Came out about 5 hours later and check engine light is back on. I maintain truck religiously. I drive a lot for work but have maintenance done at local dealership. Truck has 78k on it. Still seams to new to have these issues. Not sure if the car wash could have anything to do with it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Have you visited your local dealer to address this, Akbrosche? They'll be able to diagnose the concern and suggest the best next steps. Feel free to use this if you haven't scheduled an upcoming appointment.

Let me know how it goes with the dealer; I'll be on the lookout for an update!

Brittany

Quick Reply: 2013 5.0 with Check Engine codes PO172 and PO175