Topic Sponsor
2011+ Engine Related Questions Sub-Forum to the new engines that debuted in 2011.

2013 5.0 boggy/high revs

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 5.0 boggy/high revs

Hey guys so today I have owned my 13 f150 5.0 supercab 4x4 3.55 for 6 days and today after work I had a weird thing happen while driving it home. I started the truck with my remote start and let it warm up for at least 10 mins or so as I normally do. But when after I started driving home I noticed it seemed like the truck was rocking back and forth and every time I stopped for a light or stop sign and I let off the brakes the truck would launch forward without me touching the gas pedal. Finally I reach my car pool buddy's bank and I shift the truck into park and suddenly the truck starts revving all the way up to 3000+ rpms even though I didn't touch the pedal. I even tried to pull the pedal back incase it was stuck but it wasn't stuck at all. I also noticed the truck was idling all over the place from 5-900 rpms which is not that uncommon. I turned off the truck and restarted it and everything was fine again. Anyone one ever have this happen? The truck only has 18xxx kms and the dealer said the only service done was two oil changes.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue and it ended up being the throttle actuator in the throttle body. The whole throttle body assembly was replaced under warranty at 1500 miles.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelson306
Hey guys so today I have owned my 13 f150 5.0 supercab 4x4 3.55 for 6 days and today after work I had a weird thing happen while driving it home... I turned off the truck and restarted it and everything was fine again. Anyone one ever have this happen? The truck only has 18xxx kms and the dealer said the only service done was two oil changes.

Allow me to congratulate you on your new vehicle, Nelson306. I suggest contacting your dealer, as they're best to give insights. Please fill me in on your visit; I'll see what resources are available.

Kwasi
Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far it has not happened again and if it does I will be definitely taking it to the dealership to get it checked out. I am being optimistic and hoping it was perhaps bad gas or something.

Quick Reply: 2013 5.0 boggy/high revs